Please Help

Harleysmyboy

That makes sense about the bladder infection,sounds like it was a bad time for you and your furbabie,I certainly hope I never have to go through that. Thanks for sharing that good information. I will look into getting a ex-pen for Harley,I looked at a couple of other sites but the petedge site did have the better price.

Harleysmyboy

What diet are you feeding your dog? Foods with corn in them adds gas in the gut with some dogs making them feel antsy so to speak and they do this in an effort to relieve it. Second I would spray watered down tabasco sauce if the puppy wont respect the bitter apple. Was the bitter apple introduced properly? How you introduce it is get a q tip. Dip it in the bitter apple, let the dog smell it first, then with no expression on your face at alllllllll ( none) open the dogs mouth and lightly swab the tongue. When the dog bolts away like " HOLY COW" do not laugh!!!!! You need to be ready for a poker face and let the dog leave the room. When the dog comes back later, let the dog smell the swab. The result should be a " quick back out " the odor... Lesson learned...

I didn't know about introducng it,is it to late to do this? Harley is on adult Innova dry food,he has been on the adult food since middle of Dec,and now that you mentioned it,he does have some awlful smelling gas :) since I put him on the adult food,I dont recall him doing this when he was on the puppy food.I will look when I get home to see if it contains corn,If it does do you have a recomendation for a good quality food?

CrazyTzuLady

Innova is a great food I wish mine could eat it but two of them ended up with horrible diarreah when we tried it. The other two did fine but it is so much easier to find a food that all of them can be on. Alot of us feed Natural Balance and Wellness and they are great also but I would still pick Innova if I could.JMO I am not sure if it would be causing the gas or not. Sometimes when you transition to a new food they will get gas until their bodies adjust to it, I had that problem with Nikki and Scooby.

I never introduced the bitter apple at all I just started spraying it where I did'nt want Delila chewing and I have not had a problem since.