When your Pup is Selfish

Well, I haven't even started to get caught up on today's posts yet, but I just had to get this out there....I need some advice.150.gif

Maddy is just the pesky149.gif little brother and I feel so sorry for Josie. Everytime Josie has a toy, a bone, a chewie or whatever, Maddy comes and steals it. Yes, she lets him, but she then looks at me like..."so, mom, are you going to do anything or not". 150.gifShe will just VERY rarely hang onto anything. She is such a sweet little thing :blush-anim-cl: and gives in to him every time. I really don't know if I should ever intervene. I can buy them two IDENTICAL toys and he still wants the one she has. It so reminds me of when I was a kid and my bratty little brother always got his way. :) There is no fighting, he just flat comes and takes it. :head_hurts_kr:191.gif

If there are two identical toys and I give them both one, should I MAKE him keep his own and not steal hers? 167.gif I know that may sound like a really silly question, but I really feel so sorry for Josie. What do you others do in this situation?.......PLEASE tell me Maddy is NOT the only naughty boy out there. :chickendance:

I don't know what to tell you. I have the same problem here. Munky is always stealing Emi's baby monkey. She lets him do it and then sits there and stares at him and eventually starts pacing back and forth. Yugi is ball obsessed and the other dogs know it. They will steal his ball and play a mean game of keep away. It's like having a bunch of 5 year olds. :blush-anim-cl:

Make sure you make time to play with Josi alone. Can you have someone keep him in another room for a while each night and you can give her alone time with you and toys? Just time to be free of the younger brother would be nice. Maybe a walk alone. A walk is a wonderful time to be together.

Wicket's mom

Sorry, I can't really help you as I have the same problem. Brutus, (the little brute!) steals everything from wicket even if he already has the exact same toy/bone. Sometimes I intervene & sometimes I don't, I'm not sure what's the proper thing to do in this situation. Like Sally mentionned I do make sure to have some alone time with Wicket every now and then so he can get to play and not worry about the brute attacking him & stealing his things.

And no, Maddy is DEFINATELY NOT the only naughty boy out there :dede:

Oh, Cathy, you definitely don't have the only naughty one! :dede: Only mine is a little girl by the name of Emma! You would think she would let Sadie have her way once in a while, but Nooooo. And Sadie is a 75# lab!!! Sometimes I think it's just a dominance thing going on. Hubby used to get upset, but I told him to just let them work it out....(hope that's not wrong?!?!?) & they do. They can get very vocal about it at times, but I think it's all bluff. Sadie will start out growling, then Emma will try it in her tiny voice....it's all pretty funny! Next thing you know, they're curled up together, sound asleep! :roar:

Sunlite

Emma too will steal anything Baby comes near to play with, and then proceed to taunt her with it. Some kids just can't play nice.... :dede:

CrazyTzuLady

Oh yeah I have two little monsters here by the names of Delila and Huey.They are such brats :dede: They steal everything from the other two and from each other. I gave up trying to intervene it's just not worth it. I just make sure they each get some one on one attention with momma or daddy each night.

Dannielle/Crazybirds

Sounds like the same thing here. It seems one is always the aggressor...takes what they want when they want it. My Isabella older than Boo she takes everything of his then he sits there moaning! He won't try to get it back off of her...he just pouts. So I've tried 2 of the same toys and gave each one then Isabella took 2 of them. I try to give him his back cuz I feel so bad for him, but what can you do? You can't get mad at them and you can't disapline them. I try to let them work it out, but as I said I usually give in and give Boo his toy he lost. I've got literally a hundred dog toys here and they always fight over the same one...yeah I guess I'm the sucker, I keep buying them more and more and more (LOL)! :hug:

its the same in this house too... Maci thinks all toys are hers.... and growls etc...

Lea has something maci and bert want it, Bert has something maci and lea want it, etc etc.... i just let them be.

I do get after maci for growling tho

Molly takes from Mitsi and well, I guess it's a dominance thing. If I see her do it, I take it from her and give it back to Mitsi.

shihtzumomof2

I guess I'm the lucky one. Cricket and Casey don't really play with toys. So, Kylie gets her toys all to herself and never has to steal the others toys.

Benny is the toy thief in my house. Tho Bella doesn't really seem to play with toys much. Every now and then she'll grab one, but then Benny will come along and steal it. And she just lets him, but then may go and "beat him up". The only toy she really plays with is Benny!

Well, guess we are normal then. He just seems so bratty...I feel so sorry for Josie cause it never stops. The only time she gets toys to herself is when he is in his kennel and that is only the first half of the day on days that I work.

They both get alone time with one or both of us but Josie just wants to go find Maddy and visa versa. So, I guess I will quit getting upset about it. We just continue to call him bratty Maddy.

FairyTail Josette

Same story here. Except we have a naughty little girl named Josey. She always wants Mandy's toy and will cry, and whine and whine while Mandy is playing with it.

Josey has her own toys and is very particular about them. She holds them very gently in her mouth and prances around with them. She will put them in her bed, again, very gently. Mandy will come along and take Josey's toy and go into DESTRUCTO mode, ripping out the squeaker, ripping off eyes, ears, etc. :yay: Josey gets so mad and just whines and whines like a human baby. Mandy just stares at her like, "what are ya gonna do about it, ya little shrimp?" :bdaycake:

I let Mandy do this, because, this is usually after Josey has bit and pulled Mandy's tail. Josey also has a thing will she starts running, gets good momentum and takes a leap and lands on Mandy's back and bites her, and bites hard. Josey is like one of those flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz. :)

CrazyTzuLady

Same story here. Except we have a naughty little girl named Josey. She always wants Mandy's toy and will cry, and whine and whine while Mandy is playing with it.

Josey has her own toys and is very particular about them. She holds them very gently in her mouth and prances around with them. She will put them in her bed, again, very gently. Mandy will come along and take Josey's toy and go into DESTRUCTO mode, ripping out the squeaker, ripping off eyes, ears, etc. :evil: Josey gets so mad and just whines and whines like a human baby. Mandy just stares at her like, "what are ya gonna do about it, ya little shrimp?" :flex:

I let Mandy do this, because, this is usually after Josey has bit and pulled Mandy's tail. Josey also has a thing will she starts running, gets good momentum and takes a leap and lands on Mandy's back and bites her, and bites hard. Josey is like one of those flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz. :)

Josey and Delila I swear are long lost sisters! :)

My friend insists that - for a dog - the only thing better than HAVING a toy is STEALING a toy, and I think she's right. If I give all three of them their own squeaky ball, they all want the same one and will spend the next hour trying to gain possession of whichever one it is. Same with chew-hooves, bones, bo-bo's...you name it. Katy managed to get all THREE chew-hooves last week by laying on two of them and chewing the remaining one, which kinda stopped the fun for a while. Jack and Gus just lay there staring at her and waiting for her to get distracted and drop the thing...

Wicket's mom

My friend insists that - for a dog - the only thing better than HAVING a toy is STEALING a toy, and I think she's right. If I give all three of them their own squeaky ball, they all want the same one and will spend the next hour trying to gain possession of whichever one it is. Same with chew-hooves, bones, bo-bo's...you name it. Katy managed to get all THREE chew-hooves last week by laying on two of them and chewing the remaining one, which kinda stopped the fun for a while. Jack and Gus just lay there staring at her and waiting for her to get distracted and drop the thing...

LOL, isn't it amazing how one tiny little girl can win over 2 boys; and one of them is near 4 times her size :pray:

Josey has her own toys and is very particular about them. She holds them very gently in her mouth and prances around with them. She will put them in her bed, again, very gently. Mandy will come along and take Josey's toy and go into DESTRUCTO mode, ripping out the squeaker, ripping off eyes, ears, etc. :D Josey gets so mad and just whines and whines like a human baby. Mandy just stares at her like, "what are ya gonna do about it, ya little shrimp?" ;)

I let Mandy do this, because, this is usually after Josey has bit and pulled Mandy's tail. Josey also has a thing will she starts running, gets good momentum and takes a leap and lands on Mandy's back and bites her, and bites hard. Josey is like one of those flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz. :pray:

OMG, you are so "graphic"....I can really just see this happening. Ok, so I guess you are all right, this is not the only household with a Angel.gif ***Angel/Devil....which one is it???

CrazyTzuLady

OMG, you are so "graphic"....I can really just see this happening. Ok, so I guess you are all right, this is not the only household with a Angel.gif ***Angel/Devil....which one is it???

Is there a difference? :tongue1:

Love that emoticon BTW Cathy!

Yea, NO difference in my book....I have two that cross over between angel and devil about 25 times a day.... :hideingbhindcurtian: