Should I rescue this little girl?

Well I just got off the phone with them..I was going to drive Payslee down there tomorrow to meet her, but its 2 hours away so I wanted to make sure she was going to be there when I got there.. The lady on the phone told me I might want to wait because they were going to be making a decision about where she goes tomorrow and everyone would be notified then..which to me, sounds like its NOT going to be me. I feel like if it were then she would have given me some kind of sign that it was going to be me.. But its okay, I know that whoever gets her will be screened, and she will go to a great home! I mean, I'm not for sure, but I think she would have said something if it were me..

***********************************************************************************************************************

So being on the radio I work with lots of rescue organizations, and I recently came across a little brown shih-tzu, who is a week older than Payslee..As most of you know Rally has not really cared that much about having Payslee around..So I was thinking that maybe if I got this new sweet girl, they could play together, and Rally could just do his own thing and not be bothered by them.. Thoughts? Is this a stupid idea? I've never had THREE before, so this would be a first for me. Is three much more trouble than two?

Here's a pic of her.. She was a surrender from a family who bought her for their small daughter, but then the daughter didn't take care of her..

wwc60n.jpgv8ly0l.jpg

Edited by kcsheperd
ShihtzuBeauty

Ahh look at her she's Beautiful. :) What pretty coloring. If I could I would in a heartbeat. Whats one more? :)

shihtzumomof2

I have three and I don't see much difference from having two. Just another bunch of kisses to get and give. She is pretty. Go for it!

CrazyTzuLady

Aw she is adorable :pray: I say go for it to 3 or 4 are'nt much different than two. Hubby would have a heard of them if I said go for it but it just is'nt practical right now.

Wicket's mom

I honestly have never had more than 2 dogs, but I can't see it being THAT MUCH diff with 3. AND I would love seeing that ever so cute face around here some more :pray: (hint hint..) ;)

Oh KC, she is so precious. I love her coloring. If they are only a week apart in age, just think what fun they can have.....DO IT, DO IT, DO IT !!!!!!98.gif87.gif

I guess it's a personal decision. I couldn't cope with three but others do with no problem.

ShihNanigans

Two...three...what's the difference, really? She's a cutie, and Payslee would LOVE to have a sister her age to run around with. I believe the right furbabies find their way into our families. If it is meant to be, you'll know it, and everything will work out for you to have her. That's what happened with my Bogart (well, all of them really, but especially my third), and I couldn't imagine being without him now. Good luck!

FairyTail Josette

Oh, look at that face, she's precious! Payslee would LOVE to have a playmate, they would be very close growing up together. You're right, they would play and Rally could hang out and watch/relax with you. :pray:

KC she's gorgous...

If your lifestyle allows for three..I say what the heck..Throw caution to the wind and go for it.

As soon as Rally sees the two playing all happy and having fun, he'll grow jealous and will eventually jump right in..LOL

So, don't keep us in suspense ok?

ARE YA GONNA KEEP HER?????????

Edited by Apeke

Ditto on all the above!!!!!!!!! She is s sweet looking pup Go for it :tongue1:

awwwwwwwww whats one more.... :tongue1: I say she is adorable and go for it. Watch your introductions though. As usual have your two meet her at a neutral place prior to coming home. ( and I am going to be the very last person in the world that is going to even remotely mention why not have a 3rd dog... lol. )

Well I applied, but I haven't heard anything back from them..so when or If they call me back I'll let you know. I talked to one of the volunteers on the phone yesterday but the woman who makes the decisions went to a funeral, so I may have to wait till next week sometime to find anything out..then I'll go visit her and see if she and Payslee would be a match!...Does anyone have any idea what her coloring might end up looking like when she's bigger?

Edited by kcsheperd

I would not introduce two dogs at a shelter. Remember the other dogs are afraid etc, not to mention the chaos. I would introduce like if there was a near by park or something. And remember if she has been a little tramatized by being in the shelter, she might be acting a little defensive at first.

She is beautiful. I am glad you applied. I was going to say "Do it! Do it! Do it! ". I have 2 Shih Tzu's and a Lab. 3 is not much different than 2. I am excited for you.

I bet she will lighten up quite a bit is my guess. She will be beautiful!

Of course, take her! She needs you. Three is more than two, but what the hey!!

I WANT HER...... :birthday_toast:

You don't want ANOTHER PESKY LITTLE ANKLE BITTING RUG PEEING FURRY RASCAL now do you KC? :nono: NO SIR...

And you surely don't want to deprive Miss Vicki the liberty of having a new furbaby from neighboring state back home...now do you? :no: Nooooooo....I didn't think so either!

Especially seeings how Miss Vicki has been real awful homesick for home (Arkansas) lately and ya know.. :hideingbhindcurtian:

this very well COULD just cure that nasty ol homesickness...

Why yes sir, it sure could....... :birthday_toast:

Vicki, why are you and I both wanting another one to pee all over our house! You would think we would learn our lessons!!! lol!

Sunlite

KC I'm glad you're going for it, hoping it'll all work out for you. My opinion is if you have the time and commitment to take care of a third and really want one, go for it.

You didn't really think anyone here would say not to, did you?

:birthday_toast:

Keep us posted!

ShihtzuBeauty

You didn't really think anyone here would say not to, did you?

:birthday_toast:

:birthday_toast::ranting: :birthday_toast:

Vicki, why are you and I both wanting another one to pee all over our house! You would think we would learn our lessons!!! lol!

Well, what's a little more pee....if one's doing it, might as well, train two at once... :birthday_toast:

IMO, if you want simple, you only need one dog.

So really if you already have 2, then 3 doesnt make much of difference....

But my life really changed when the pups were born....

I was so used to a dog that was potty trained, crate trained etc etc.... Then boom! 3 more pups whom I have to care for, feed, potties etc...

I adopted one out. But I will say this..... If your going to take on two pups, you need to be for sure you are training properly or otherwise bad habits can form for the pups....

Consistency is key in these situations.

I was lucky not to have any problems training my two pups. Crate training.... was almost nil, but thats because they were born here vs me buying one from a breeder who didnt train etc. Leash training they will walk on their leashes but man I have trouble walking them around my apartment building other than straight to potty area, If I try to take them to the trash bin or the laundry they tug and yank etc... because its not what they are used to. So I need to work on this area. Cant do that til spring.

Potty times need to be at the same time, food needs to be at the same time....

I would free feed maci before the pups came along and she's had to adjust to not having that now.... And for awhile I only had one crate. I would put maci in the crate til they was done, then put them up and feed her. Maci is a pig and will eat there leftovers if not careful. Lea only eats half of what they eat. I bought a 2nd crate which is lovely. Now at feeding times, you two bowls and the pups go right in seperate crates happily and eat their meals alone and now maci can eat outside the crate as she eats off of a place mat and now out of a bowl (she always drug it out of the bowls anyway)

Bath times..... ugg takes me a good 3 to 4 hours to bathe all of them with blow dries etc...

Those are really the only times that makes a difference of having more than one more difficult.