Should I rescue this little girl?

Not yet.. she might have already got a home..Not sure, but since I didn't apply till Friday afternoon they might not have gotten to it yet..I promise the second I find out something I will post..I figure if its meant to be, it will..if not I'm figuring someone else will be spoiling her rotten!

Oh KC,

I can't wait to see if you get her! So Cute! I want another one so much but am not sure how my spoiled little boy would do with a new addition. He does not get along well with other dogs so far. :D

Vicki, why are you and I both wanting another one to pee all over our house! You would think we would learn our lessons!!! lol!

Ummmmm....... :unsure:

Uhhhh.... :huh:

But, WELL you see???

Hmmmm...

You just HAD to go there...didn't you? pfftttt.. :P

What a beautiful, precious baby! I am still trying to understand...The daughter didn't take CARE of her? Of course not! The adult has to be in charge of all pets. Hopefully kids help, but they can't be the only caregiver. Poor little dog. I am sure the little girl has been hurt also.

I hope you can give her a home. She is just gorgeous!!!

****I just talked to them on the phone and they said they were closed on Monday, so they usually don't make BIG decisions on Tuesdays.. So now its looking like tomorrow STILL before I know anything.

I hope that you find out soon!!!!! The waiting must be killing you. I know it would me.

She is beautiful, and I think she would fit in nicely. Good Luck!!!!

So that means she's still available...

How sad that they can't at least let you know something...

This is making me nuts not knowing, I can't imagine how big your pins and needles are..LOL

I'm actually more scared Sh**less than anything! I figure if I go see her, and its meant to be..I will take her..But my mom is already threatening me about getting her giving me the "You dont need another dog" "You Can't afford another dog" "I won't keep all of them if you get another one".. etc.. This coming from the woman who had FIVE at one time..and all of hers were BIG and lived in the house! I just don't want her to be mad, because she is the one that keeps them at her house if I go on trips longer than a week..However, I dont plan on doing that anytime soon, so hopefully she will warm up to the new little goat before then! lol.. I know the little girl is still available though, she just said, "We don't make big decisions on Tuesdays".. but I'm thinking "She doesnt want to live there anymore, so hurry up!"

I personally am NOT a big dog person, love the little fur balls instead, but...

Last night at work, this lady comes in the store with a darling little tan short haired pup that had the cutest black nose and only a trace on eyeliner thin trimming around the out edges of it's ears.

I asked her what breed it was and she said it was a collie/lab mix. More collie than lab.

It was soooo cute.

She was looking to give it a good home, as she discovered it was being kept in a tupperware style box. There were two pups, the little girl she was carrying and her black and white brother.

Can you imagine someone keeping a puppy on their back porch in a plastic container, with only a few holes poked in the top lid, like it was some sort of rodent and only let it out to potty and eat.

She called the local sheriff here in town and he got a 24 hour court order to have the owners release it to the lady.

She volunteers at our local dog shelter...but seeings how these two pups have already lived their so far entire 12 weeks lives in a container, she didn't have the heart to kennel them at the shelter, so took them home and will foster them until she can find them homes.

Man, that kind of story sets my blood to boiling....

She really was the cutest thing..

But, right now I know things here at home are less than disirable to bring another fur baby into the home,

so I had to put my BIG GIRL PANTIES on, suck it up and turn away from the idea of having her with me here........

I know she'll find a wonderful home..

She really was so sweet and loving...

Edited by Apeke

Thats how I feel too..I think when I meet her, and she meets Payslee I will know what to do..whether she is meant to be mine, or not..The second I saw Pays I knew she was meant to be mine, and when I saw Pandora, my first Shu at the pound, I KNEW in my heart she was put there for me..So I know I'll know the right decision when I see her little face.. Thats of course if the shelter 'approves' me.. lol

How frustrating for you!

I hope you hear something soon!

And then let us know!

Our babies have a habit of finding us, my 2 did!

I'm a big believer in "What will be, will be" (but does it have to take so long?? :pray: )

FairyTail Josette

I personally am NOT a big dog person, love the little fur balls instead, but...

Last night at work, this lady comes in the store with a darling little tan short haired pup that had the cutest black nose and only a trace on eyeliner thin trimming around the out edges of it's ears.

I asked her what breed it was and she said it was a collie/lab mix. More collie than lab.

It was soooo cute.

She was looking to give it a good home, as she discovered it was being kept in a tupperware style box. There were two pups, the little girl she was carrying and her black and white brother.

Can you imagine someone keeping a puppy on their back porch in a plastic container, with only a few holes poked in the top lid, like it was some sort of rodent and only let it out to potty and eat.

She called the local sheriff here in town and he got a 24 hour court order to have the owners release it to the lady.

She volunteers at our local dog shelter...but seeings how these two pups have already lived their so far entire 12 weeks lives in a container, she didn't have the heart to kennel them at the shelter, so took them home and will foster them until she can find them homes.

Man, that kind of story sets my blood to boiling....

That's horrible, so glad that sweet woman rescued them.

People who are cruel to animals make me sick.. But I'm glad that story had a happy ending.

Well???????? :melissa:

Any news?

GAWD woman...

UR killing me here.... :D

Maybe if you whisper it in my ear, I promise I won't tell anyone... :D

Vick, did you see the update at the top? I called them.. they said the decision was being made, and the people would be notified tomorrow..which tells me.. I ain't the people.. lol

Awwww man!!!!

Well like you said before, if it was meant to be then you would have her.

I really do believe that all things work out for the best. Maybe down the road there is another cutie that you were meant to have.

The good news about this puppy is that she IS being rescued. Hopefully her new family will give her a wonderful life.

Wicket's mom

Aww, that's too bad! Like Tammy mentionned though, at least this little is being rescued. And maybe you were really meant to be with another furbaby.

Vick, did you see the update at the top? I called them.. they said the decision was being made, and the people would be notified tomorrow..which tells me.. I ain't the people.. lol

Well..yeah but, Your people too ya know...

Let's see...

It's 6:30-ish your time now, and still no word...

Ahhhh man.......

I'm sorry KC..

She would have been a perfect addition to your little crew....

AND MINE when she came and stayed at Auntie Vicki's house on the holidays..(WINK)

Wally's Mommy

keep you're head up i went through the same turmoil getting Wally. It took about 2-3 weeks just to meet our little furbaby. During the waiting period the rescue would go days without giving any information to me or James. It took 6 days just to get a response letting me know he wasn't already adopted from the rescue group.The lady wanted to wait another week and a half before we made him officially ours but i put my foot down and said "NO!" I told her that I had to have him that day. We compromised and she brought him back 24 hours later to stay!

Basically what i'm saying is keep your head up even if they haven't given you an answer you never know what might happen. Also if they already told you someone else got him, and you're in the midwest, you should try New Beginnings Shih Tzu Rescue (www.nbstr.org) even though it took a longer time than normal to get Wally I am so overly please with how well he was cared for, trained, and loved. He was a very well adjusted dog when he came to us, given the circumstances he was found in. As soon as he was brought into the rescue society he was placed into home, all of NBSTR's dogs are in homes not shelter's. So if the new furbaby ends up going to another home i suggest NBSTR and a lot of patience! :P

Good luck!