Poochie Bells

shihtzumomof2

I ordered some poochie bells today. I'm hoping I can get the girls trained to use them. We'll see how it works out. I think its a cute idea since sometimes I just ignore them when they are sitting there staring at me! I think I'm the one who needs to be trained.

Wally's Mommy

What are the bells for?! Potty training?! Sorry I've never heard of them but if wally would ring a bell it would really make it less time consuming to take him potty! let me know how it goes, if that's what they are for!

You teach them to ring the bells by saying a command each and everytime they go potty. You ring it for them at first but make sure they see you.....

Then after a while you say that command then make them ring them with their paw or their nose etc.... Lea uses her nose Bert uses his paws.... Maci uses her nose although she rings them on a the low key, you have to really be on the ball with it too, dont ignore them. You drop what your doing and take them out immediately.....

Here is a video of me cheering bert on for the camera, he will ring them even without me telling him too as well.

They started using them on their own at 8 weeks of age (not everytime at that point but they understood what it was for they both are now consisently using them 100% now at 5 months and 3 weeks of age)

Edited by Stacey

I have them..so far Payslee is like "Stop using my arms to make annoying sounds"..but I'm hoping she eventually picks it up. We've been 'ringing' them for about 2 weeks..

I have them..so far Payslee is like "Stop using my arms to make annoying sounds"..but I'm hoping she eventually picks it up. We've been 'ringing' them for about 2 weeks..

sometimes during trainging I took the bells off the door, and held them in front of their face until they licked them or touched them with their noses....

shihtzumomof2

Stacey, I sure hope you took Bert out to go potty after that. He's so cute. I can't wait to get them....I'm sure they will learn if they want to. It amazed me how Casey picked up on using the potty pads because she saw Kylie using them. So....when they want to learn, they can!!! And I want them to learn....so they WILL. (i hope)!