Whats your furbaby's sleeping situation like?

Honestly, people..they're DOGS! I adore mine, but they don't get to dictate sleeping or any other arrangements.

There is no dictating, Trudy sleeps where I love her to be. We want to be together. To me life is short, I don't have crates in the house. I did use gates and crates when when Trudy was tiny, for safety. After a few months, they were not used anymore. That first cuddle in the morning is priceless.

Edited by Sally

Benny sleeps on the bed, if he wants to. Sometimes, mainly in the hot weather, he will jump down and sleep on the floor, but mostly he's on the bed somewhere. Lately he has been soooo snuggly, curled up right up in my belly or something. he's not usually a snuggle bun. He's a strange boy, on the couch he's usually near my feet or on the back of the couch, never next to me or on my lap. But at the computer, table, etc he'll sometimes want to get up and curl up on my lap.

Bella sometimes sleeps on the bed, but she can get grumpy if we accidently nudge her in the night.

If D is on nightshift or away, Bella is on the bed as she has his side, but when D is home she sleeps in her bed on the floor.

I love having them on the bed and snuggled up next to me, D on the other hand doesn't. it really annoys when when Benny or Bella is snuggled up with me and D pushes them down to the end of the bed. :blush-anim-cl:

Sometimes I really like it when he's not there at night and it's just me and the kids! :blush-anim-cl:

Kids are not my fav. to sleep with, they hog the bed. My son is grown now, but he usually just slept in his bed. I DO love having my doggie though!

CrazyTzuLady

Oh my, I was trying NOT to get involved in this post....last time we talked about our pups being in bed with us :love: ....well, suffice it to say, I came away with a very red face.... :hug::doh::hug:

But, yes, both or our sleep BETWEEN us at the head of the bed, between our pillows (and FOUR eyes that stare) :dede:

Oh Cathy you just had to go there did'nt you.............. :ohyeah: Try 8 eyes They can look they just can't touch! :hug: :hug:

Oh Cathy you just had to go there did'nt you.............. :pray: Try 8 eyes They can look they just can't touch! :mf_popcorn::roflmao:

That is like having a movie house full of fur eyes lookin at ya - good gried, that is 16, yea 16 eyes lookin at ya.....forget about it....just lost the mood. :hug: :hysterical:

CrazyTzuLady

They just want to make sure there is no funny business going on :hug: ..........and if there was then that's the end of it! :pray:

:roflmao: Oh yea...."hey, what's goin on".....you won't let us hump.. :hug::pray::hysterical: ..so you can't either....STOP IT NOW!!! and we say...OK :mf_popcorn: :jay:

CrazyTzuLady

OMG ROFLMAO!!! I almost peed my pants! :pray:

Well, you know when you hit 60 and beyond, you take every chance you get, well try anyway, and with the little bug eyes around, those chances are few and FAR between cause they are ALWAYS there lookin....our bed is THEIR bed Bed.gif

CrazyTzuLady

Amen to that. :hug: But I think you misspoke did'nt you mean their bed is your bed. :pray:

Amen to that. :hug: But I think you misspoke did'nt you mean their bed is your bed. :pray:

Oh yea, duh Cath...you are so correct!! Bed.gif

Kids are not my fav. to sleep with, they hog the bed. My son is grown now, but he usually just slept in his bed. I DO love having my doggie though!

Sorry, by kids I meant my dogs. :pray:

I didn't think about skin kids, don't have any of those! Sorry for confusion!

Olly-Bears Mama

Mine sleep in bed with me. Every once in a while I'll have a night where I want the bed all to myself, and I put them in the crate next to my bed. They're fine with that too, except sometimes Merphy sometimes hogs all the space. But, I like them in bed WITH me (you hear that Merphy and Oliver? WITH me! That means you gotta leave room for me too!). I have a queen size bed, and with 30lbs worth of dogs, you'd think there'd be plenty of room for me, but no. Their sleeping arrangement varies with the weather, but lately its been Merphy sleeping in between my legs and Oliver sleeping on me. Usually, Oliver is either on my back or stomach, depending on how I'm sleeping, but there have been times that I wake up with him on my head, like this morning. He does like to cuddle up to my neck, which I love, except when I am on the computer.

Merphy started sleeping with me probably around 5 or 6 months and I've never had a problem with him. When I picked Oliver up in Texas, we didn't get home until 1 or 2 am. I was dead tired, so I just let him out to potty, then put him in his crate and put that in my bed. I stuck my fingers through the door, and he slept fine. We did that for about a week, then I started letting him sleep in the bed. Yes, I'm a sucker. He did have a few accidents, and every time he did, he went back to his crate for a week. I think it worked for the most part because my bed is really high off the ground and he was afraid to jump off. The times he had accidents, he was trying to wake me up, but I didn't take him out soon enough. So, that was my fault.

TheShihtzuation

Hahahaha you girls are way too funny.

I love reading about the snugglepups!!! Pokey is now starting to snuggle when we're watching TV or if I'm in the living room on my laptop. He's tried to snuggle up to Klepto a few times.. but Klepto still ain't having it. haha

So far - he's doing good in the playpen at night.. he loves to lay flat like superman and nap in there too!

CrazyTzuLady

Good boy Pokey! :clap: