Um, a pee-pee question about boy dogs..

Cathy...

There are TWO Quote buttons..

One (the first one) has an + next to it... and the other (the middle one).

When you want to quote more than one person in your reply...go down the list of posts you want to quote and click on the quote button that has the (+) next to it..then when you have all the ones you want to quote selected, go to the REPLY button and you'll see every post quote you chose in your reply compose box...

OMG, that easy, huh, well I certainly appreciate your assistance and will for sure remember that next time I want more than one quote. You are the queen 99.gif

TeddieXRuxpin

I really don’t think it has to do with the age their neutered, but the individual dog.

Teddie was neutered when he was almost 2 years old and he squats, lifts his leg and he also does the lean forward pee.

Buster was neutered when he was 8 weeks old (I adopted him from the ASPCA and they do it super early) and he lifts his leg and also squats.

Duncan was neutered at 8 weeks (Also adopted from the ASPCA) and he only lifts his leg.

So it all depends on the dog.. IMHO :)

Dr. Dolittle

Charlie is a squatter. He was neutered at 6 mos and is now 1 1/2 years old. He marks alot when we go for walks but always from a squat.

• 1 month later...
mom2Gizmo

I really don’t think it has to do with the age their neutered, but the individual dog.

Teddie was neutered when he was almost 2 years old and he squats, lifts his leg and he also does the lean forward pee.

Buster was neutered when he was 8 weeks old (I adopted him from the ASPCA and they do it super early) and he lifts his leg and also squats.

Duncan was neutered at 8 weeks (Also adopted from the ASPCA) and he only lifts his leg.

So it all depends on the dog.. IMHO :)

I agree with this. It depends more on the individual dog than the age the dog was neutered. At any rate, Gizmo was neutered at 7 months of age. He is 8.5 months now and I occassionally see him lift his leg against the fence in the backyard. Other than that he squats. He has in the last couple of days started kicking up the dirt after pottying, though. Oh...it isn't just the boys either. I have a female mutt that was spayed at 8 weeks of age and she is a leg lifter and squatter. She squats in our yard but lifts her leg on trees, fire hydrants, everything when we are out. She also kicks up the grass (dirt). I often tell her she must be gender confused....lol. But really, some females are leg lifters also.

silverleaf

Remy is a leaner. The firt time he tried lifting his leg was a miserable failure (I think he tried to lean at the same time). He lost his balance and fell over while peeing. After that, It was back to the lean.

My baby was neutered at four-and-a-half month and at age 6-month he started lifting his leg (just the left one, never the right, so when needed he'll turn around so he can lift the left leg). Latedly the little wierdo started to lift his leg while POOPING!?? He's done a quite a few times - so strange.