Um, a pee-pee question about boy dogs..

TheShihtzuation

So um.. Pokey has been squatting when he pees.. (he's 20 wks old). Earlier tonight when I took him out he lifted his leg one of the four times he peed in our trip outside.. I don't know if I should be excited... or concerned because our vet told us that it's better if he doesn't do that.. and if we get him spayed before 6 months he shouldn't do that.. but.. alas.. I'm almost positive he did it. (It was dark out.. but I saw a leg go up).

How do your baby boys pee? Should I be concerned? Should I make the appointment to get him snipped asap? We were going to wait til he was at least 5 and a half months just to make sure his ear infection was completely cleared..

(Sorry if this seems like a stupid question. Klepto lifts his leg when he pees, as did Marc. I always thought squatting was a "girly" thing, haha).

Edited by thepupstuff

Corkey, My Male Peke, squats, no leg lifting...Was neutered at 4 months....

Suzie, My Female Tzu, squats, lifts her hind leg a little...

She's soooo dang worried her pedicure will smudge..LOL

She was spayed at 5 months...

Bert will be 7 months on march 1......

Does not lift leg, squats. He is not neutered and dont plan on it yet.

Lea squats and lifts leg a little like Susie lol and she's always done it, she's afraid of getting pee on her precious feet I think lol

Olly-Bears Mama

Oliver usually squats, but occasionally will lift his leg. I think he learned it from Merphy, who usually lifts his leg, but occasionally squats. Oliver was neutered at 6 months, promptly after he first lifted his leg. Merphy was neutered at 8 months, and he's never kicked the leg lifting habit.

Be happy your dog doesn't do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izZWexUlvdE

Rally lifts his leg, and he was neutered at like 5 months..Sawyer is now 5 months and he still squats..I think they pick up the leg-lifting thing as they get older..Not sure. Mom's dog is a year and 1/2 and he is neutered and still lifts his leg..What you want to STOP is the marking whihc comes with leg lifting, so you might have to put the snip snip on little Pokester soon.. lol.. :throb:

All of my boys squat a bit or do this sort of lean forward pee with their back legs stretched outwards a bit. Yugi will lift his leg if I take him somewhere that there have been other dogs. That youtube video is amazing.....that little dog has an enourmous amount of pee for his size! :brr: :throb:

CrazyTzuLady

ALL of my boys are leg lifters. There was no one for Gizmo to learn it from since he was the only male at the time either and he was neutered around 5 months. The other two boys came to me as leg lifters. THANKGOD it isn't in the house anymore but outside is fair game no tree bush or rock for that matter is safe from pee pee. I just think some are more prone to it than others I don't have a problem with it they are boys, leg lifting is pretty natural with most breeds. Besides it is funny to watch the boys do the pee pee train outside they will go round and round peeing after the one that just peed before them. :throb:

:head_hurts_kr::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Ok missie squats a lifts a hind leg leaning to one sie so she don't pee on her foot :hysterical:

vinnie don't sqat or lift his leg. he just stands at attention :hysterical: and pees. vinnie is unaltered and 7 months

ALL of my boys are leg lifters. There was no one for Gizmo to learn it from since he was the only male at the time either and he was neutered around 5 months. The other two boys came to me as leg lifters. THANKGOD it isn't in the house anymore but outside is fair game no tree bush or rock for that matter is safe from pee pee. I just think some are more prone to it than others I don't have a problem with it they are boys, leg lifting is pretty natural with most breeds. Besides it is funny to watch the boys do the pee pee train outside they will go round and round peeing after the one that just peed before them. :D

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: the pee pee train! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :hysterical:

Nigel is intact and he is just now lifting his leg at over 1 year. He doesn't always do it right and pees on his front leg lol very yucky when he is wearing jammies.

OMG that vid is hilarious but wow he really had to go huh??

Oliver usually squats, but occasionally will lift his leg. I think he learned it from Merphy, who usually lifts his leg, but occasionally squats. Oliver was neutered at 6 months, promptly after he first lifted his leg. Merphy was neutered at 8 months, and he's never kicked the leg lifting habit.

Chase has lifted his leg since he was about 5 months or so I think. He's neutered. He marks everywhere outside and as soon as one of the girls pees, it's a race to get over there and pee over there pee spot. He's never marked in the house though. The occasional times he will use the pee pad, he still lifts his leg, but gets it right on the pad everytime. Maggie does the whole squat and lean on one back leg thing too. Jasmine squats, but she marks everything on our walks too , right along with Chase.

Rita

Dhani began leg-lifting on his 4 month birthday. He was neutered at 6 months and has always lifted his leg and is a real pro at it. Never does he pee in the house.

GizmoHappyKitty

Gizmo began lifting his leg when he was about 6 or 7 mo. old and wasn't neutered until he was 4 yrs old. He's never marked in the house, just outside. It is a pain when I take him and his buddy TJ for walks because the boys always have to pee on the same thing sometimes at the same time or while the other one is still sniffing the spot, and if you aren't careful and don't pull the one out of the way in time they end up with pee on their head..............lol.

Michele and the pups

OMG, that video is hilarious....he sure did have a LOT to get rid of...surprised he didn't get his little shirt wet.

My Maddy has always been a squater, or rather kinda leans into it, sometimes one leg left to the back as if he just paused while walking. Now Josie of course is the girlie girl squater, BUT when she is in a hurry, she kinda quivers like she is squeezing real hard to hurry... :head_hurts_kr:

BTW Maddy was snipped at 5 months because I didn't want the marking and he has NEVER done that inside or outside. Now Josie will sometimes tinkle over another dogs tinkle if they have been in our yard. :hysterical:

Both Maxx and Keeper squat. They were both neutered at 6 months old too. They both do the lean forward thing that Tracy was describing...I think it's so cute...lmao. Neither one of them has ever cared about marking. I guess they know everything is already theirs...lol.

Wicket's mom

Wicket is a squatter too. Sometimes he'll lift one leg off the ground about 1/2" but that's it. Brutus is going on 9 mos old and is still unsure. Sometimes he squats & sometimes he lifts his let. I actually rather he lift his leg because when he squats; I don't know how he does it but he pees all over his belley and front legs :baby: Thank god at least he has no hair and it's easy to clean; but I wish there was a way I could teach him to "aim" better lol.

Wicket is a squatter too. Sometimes he'll lift one leg off the ground about 1/2" but that's it. Brutus is going on 9 mos old and is still unsure. Sometimes he squats & sometimes he lifts his let. I actually rather he lift his leg because when he squats; I don't know how he does it but he pees all over his belley and front legs :D Thank god at least he has no hair and it's easy to clean; but I wish there was a way I could teach him to "aim" better lol.

Have you tried laying cherrios on the ground....ROFL.gif

For those that have never had skinkid boys, that is how we taught them to aim in a toilet....float cherrios in the pot and they try to hit the middle...all good at teaching dexterity... :blink:

TheShihtzuation

For those that have never had skinkid boys, that is how we taught them to aim in a toilet....float cherrios in the pot and they try to hit the middle...all good at teaching dexterity... :blink:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH! If I ever have a skinbabyboy I'm definitely going to try that!

Wicket's mom

For those that have never had skinkid boys, that is how we taught them to aim in a toilet....float cherrios in the pot and they try to hit the middle...all good at teaching dexterity... :evilgrin10:

LOL I can just hear myself now "No Brutus, don't eat it, pee on it!"

enchantedmountain

I have seen babies as little as 8 weeks lift their leg. Now in my opinion, lifting and marking are two different things. Some babies lift to just pee, because that is what they do. Oh, LOL, Yes I have done the cheerio thing with my boys (skin boys that is). If anyone can get their fur kid to pee on a cheerio, let me know, you would be my hero, LOL.

um... does that work for grown men too?? :throb:

For those that have never had skinkid boys, that is how we taught them to aim in a toilet....float cherrios in the pot and they try to hit the middle...all good at teaching dexterity... :)

For those that have never had skinkid boys, that is how we taught them to aim in a toilet....float cherrios in the pot and they try to hit the middle...all good at teaching dexterity... :)

OMG......LOL, That's too funny....

That EXACTLY how I taught my Kevin to use the big boy potty..

I would drop about 4 to 5 cheerios in the toilet and tell him to DUNK THE DONUTS....

The only problem was, poor little fella, had a (crooked pee pee) shhh, he didn't hear me just share that with ya'll....

and so AIMING in the right direction was quite a chore for the poor kid...LOL

I remember when he was 2 weeks old, he developed Jaundice....and had to have a total blood transfusion and the doctor called me at 2 in the morning to come to the hospital so they can draw blood from me to blend with the blood that they will be using in him, anyway....I get there, it's like close to 3 am..the nurses and doctor all look worse for the wear....I am standing next to the doctor, scrubing our hands before entering NICU area and a nurse comes through and asks if anyone would like a cup of coffee...so I say, yes, the doctor says yes and another nurse, tending to a baby in the crib right next to Kevin's, said yes.

Well...me and the doctor are done scrubbing and in the process of putting on scrubs, when the nurse enters with a tray of the coffee for everyone...

The nurse who was tending to the baby next ot my Kevin, set her coffee down on the bed tray cart that is placed at the foot of each crib bed...

Now, mind you these are tiny little incubater style cribs, I'd say no longer than maybe 3 feet in length..and at the foot of them are those tables on wheels, that they roll up to you to eat on when in the hospital..anyway..

I was fixin' to change Kevin's diaper, when the Doctor wanted to check something on him right before I do, and so there my boy was, laying there all naked and bare buffed for all to see...and what happens? Well.....He starts to pee...It was a stream of urine that reached higher into the air than OLD FAITHFUL in Yellowstone park..LOL

AND, because his little Baby Boyhood was crooked, it literally shot a stream of pee pee right INTO that nurse's coffee cup on the table at the foot of the baby's bed right next to Kevin...

OMG...It was hillarious.....everybody busted out laughing and the next day when I went to visit Kevin, I see a sign the nurse's had made later that night taped up above the coffee maker just outside the NICU nurses station that read:

*JAUNDICE JAVA*

The new blend of coffee...

Found only in your local NICU... ;):dede:

:throb:

um... does that work for grown men too?? :dede:

Hum, is that like "teaching old DOGS new tricks"....you give it a try and let us all know... :):throb:

Vickie, that was a funny story....good aim little guy. (hey while I am here and can't figure it out.....how do you "quote" more than one person in a reply....like I quoted Riq up top and would have like to quote Vick here)...sorry, maybe I should have posted that somewhere else, but a person needs to know how to do these things you know....

Cathy...

There are TWO Quote buttons..

One (the first one) has an + next to it... and the other (the middle one).

When you want to quote more than one person in your reply...go down the list of posts you want to quote and click on the quote button that has the (+) next to it..then when you have all the ones you want to quote selected, go to the REPLY button and you'll see every post quote you chose in your reply compose box...

FairyTail Josette

OMG......LOL, That's too funny....

That EXACTLY how I taught my Kevin to use the big boy potty..

I would drop about 4 to 5 cheerios in the toilet and tell him to DUNK THE DONUTS....

The only problem was, poor little fella, had a (crooked pee pee) shhh, he didn't hear me just share that with ya'll....

and so AIMING in the right direction was quite a chore for the poor kid...LOL

I remember when he was 2 weeks old, he developed Jaundice....and had to have a total blood transfusion and the doctor called me at 2 in the morning to come to the hospital so they can draw blood from me to blend with the blood that they will be using in him, anyway....I get there, it's like close to 3 am..the nurses and doctor all look worse for the wear....I am standing next to the doctor, scrubing our hands before entering NICU area and a nurse comes through and asks if anyone would like a cup of coffee...so I say, yes, the doctor says yes and another nurse, tending to a baby in the crib right next to Kevin's, said yes.

Well...me and the doctor are done scrubbing and in the process of putting on scrubs, when the nurse enters with a tray of the coffee for everyone...

The nurse who was tending to the baby next ot my Kevin, set her coffee down on the bed tray cart that is placed at the foot of each crib bed...

Now, mind you these are tiny little incubater style cribs, I'd say no longer than maybe 3 feet in length..and at the foot of them are those tables on wheels, that they roll up to you to eat on when in the hospital..anyway..

I was fixin' to change Kevin's diaper, when the Doctor wanted to check something on him right before I do, and so there my boy was, laying there all naked and bare buffed for all to see...and what happens? Well.....He starts to pee...It was a stream of urine that reached higher into the air than OLD FAITHFUL in Yellowstone park..LOL

AND, because his little Baby Boyhood was crooked, it literally shot a stream of pee pee right INTO that nurse's coffee cup on the table at the foot of the baby's bed right next to Kevin...

OMG...It was hillarious.....everybody busted out laughing and the next day when I went to visit Kevin, I see a sign the nurse's had made later that night taped up above the coffee maker just outside the NICU nurses station that read:

*JAUNDICE JAVA*

The new blend of coffee...

Found only in your local NICU... :baby::blush:

:signthankspin:

:):roflmao: :judy: