Our rescue Tzu

Daisy's Parents

Daisy's Parents

For anyone wondering about rescuing a Tzu, I hope our little furbaby's story will convince you to help a dog in need. We adopted Daisy after reading her story; we just couldn't say no. At the time, we had no dogs, just our cat Polly. Daisy had been found on a highway, severely matted, dehydrated, and her right eye was hanging out of the socket. Unfortunately, she lost the eye. When we brought her home she was recovering from being abandoned, loss of an eye through trauma, cancer surgery (she had a tumor in a mammary gland), spaying, and loss of her previous family. Despite difficulties that would defeat most people, Daisy remained a sweet, loving girl. Someone had doted on her and trained her so extensively that she would stop and sit at corners until she was given the command 'ok'. To this day, we do not know how or why she would have come to be found on a highway.

Over the years, Daisy has been the love of our life. We made a promise to give Daisy the best life we could, but we know that she has given us far more than we will ever be able to give her. Daisy is now 15 and in her sunset years, sleeps constantly, polices our greyhounds (who are also rescues), but most of all - reminds us daily how the most wonderful companions might never be if they aren't saved from shelters and puppy mills. We will always have rescue's for our family, please think about adopting a Tzu in need.

This is our favorite picture of Daisy, we have it on all of our computers as wallpaper.

Daisy is just gorgeous!! She looks just like my Chico! What a lovely thing you did to rescue her and give her a great home for so many years. Thanks for sharing your story.

Daisy is a beautiful girl, I just love her shinny black coat and her story is amazing. I am sure she was "brought" to you for a reason. You have given her a wonderful life and she has fulfilled yours....what more could one ask? Thank you for sharing Daisy's story.

Daisy's Parents

Daisy is just gorgeous!! She looks just like my Chico! What a lovely thing you did to rescue her and give her a great home for so many years. Thanks for sharing your story.

OMG, I always wondered what Daisy looked like as a pup. Now I know!

What a great story! Daisy is so beautiful. No matter how much work they are the rescues are so worth it. I can't say that every dog I'll ever have will be a rescue, but I will always have at least one. I don't regret taking Bailey for a second and wish I had taken his kennel mate too.

kcsheperd

What a great story, and a happy ending..I honestly will never understand how someone could ever be mean to shih-tzu's. They are such sweetie pies and such little loveys that I can't imagine someone acting ugly to them. I know you are so blessed to have found Daisy, and Daisy will forever be blessed by being saved by you!

tzukeeper

What a beautiful girl! I'm so glad life brought you to each other. Stories like hers make me sad and happy all at the same time. :uhm:

Thank you. Beautiful dog, beautiful people.

CrazyTzuLady

Thank you for sharing Daisy's story with us, what a beautiful little girl she is. You are a very special person to have taken her in and given her a home with lots of love. They so deserve it and much more. It is true these little rescues really touch a place in our hearts that the others just cannot. They do more for us than we can ever do for them. 4 0f my 6 dogs are rescues but out of them all my Thai is just that something extra special. He is a fighter and still hanging in there we pray that it is for a long time to come. I can't imagine life without him.

I hope to hear many wonderful stories of your Daisy. :uhm: again for sharing her with us.

emmasmom

Thank you for sharing your story. Daisy is just beautiful & it sounds like you are the joys of each others lives!

luvinpreciousntoby

thank you for sharing such an amazing story. Daisy is so blessed to have been rescued by you... and at the same time, she has blessed your life in such a way! she is beautiful. I too, don't understand how anyone can mistreat a pup... they must have ice in their veins.. I'm just thankful she was brought into your life.

She is a beautiful girl and I'm so glad you rescued her.

ShihtzuBeauty

Hi and Welcome to the family. :) Thank you soo much for sharing her story w/us, brought tears to my eyes. She is absolutely Beautiful. :hideingbhindcurtian:

Thankyou so much for sharing your wonderful rescue of Daisy. you were blessed with a wonderful sad dog and in turn you blessed her with your love and concern..I to am a rescue mommy..We rescued Lily from a lady that kept her in a cage for the beginning 1 1/2 years of her life..she had very long hair and it was severly matted..and she stunk something awful..her nails were very long. She didn't even know how to love or to be loved.. and to this day she can't be cuddled by me...she didn't even know what toys were. And definatly she didn't know how to play with other dogs..

a friend found out about her and said the lady probably would give her to me if I wanted her..Of course my heart was already set on rescueing her even if I couldn't keep her, I just had to get her out of there..My sweet hubby never hesitated to say yes. Bless his heart and all because he fell in love with our 1st shih tzu Cricket. He wanted her badly..well after cleaning her up and loving her and playing with her and giving her her first toy she amazingly was the sweetest shyest little girl. And my hubby and I were in love with her and decided to keep here.. Unfortunately since she never was potty trained we still have accidents..but we never blame her or over scold her cuz it isn't her fault that she doesn't completely know when she has to ask. And because she was raised in a training cage she still wants to sleep in them and she goes to bed in her cage and when we go somewhere she has to go in it too.. She is now 4 and such a sweety pie and daddys little girl. And Cricket and her big sister Tiki adore her .

And now we feel really close to her and she is totally a different dog. So we both know what it feels like to rescue a helpless precious doggy like ours..I would do it again in a heartbeat.

thanks again

And God Bless You

Dede and the girls

OMG Daisy and Chico are incredibly alike. Almost sureal...both are lovely.

Wicket's mom

What a great story! Daisy is a true inspiration. What a sweet, and must I add, beautiful girl you have there :sadangel: I hope to see you both around here some more.

OMG Daisy and Chico are incredibly alike. Almost sureal...both are lovely.

I know.. I couldn't believe it! lol.. now I know what he'll look like older, and with longer hair.. can't wait!! lol

I just showed my DH Daisy's pic.. he said "woooowwww Chico's twin!!!" Amazing the resemblance huh?

Edited by Riquena
  • 10 months later...
PhantomLover007

Sad that Daisy's life started out like that, but it turned around when you saved her. A very happy ending for a beautiful Shiddie.