Looking for a certain show lead

borzoimom

Looking for this lead..

I am pretty sure I picked it up at a dog show. It was originally for Zubin ( as its black). I am looking for one just like it. Its flat not rolled, and the collar part of it is adjustable. Its 6 foot long and made by premier.

I checked- jbwholesale, fosters and smith, petedge, petco, petsmart, sit stay, gooddog training-

2j28d9g.jpg

I need it in white. Lindsey did fine with her other white show collar saturday but its round and very thin. I want one like this.

9uxg95.jpg

e5pno9.jpg

Made by premier as I said.

Can anyone help me find it???

luvinpreciousntoby

Will let you know if I have any luck

Tzumommy

Here are three I found, I know they are not that brand.

The ebay one looks almost the same but again different brand.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Martingale-Dog-Show-Le...p3286.m20.l1116

http://www.whitepineoutfitters.com/catalog...2%20%26%2048%22

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0...094&sr=1-18

borzoimom

Very good try and thank you.. See the Rosco has a metal clip and on a long haired dog, that metal clip breaks the coat. See why I am going nuts???? You would think it would be easy to find... I have searched no kidding over 30 sites today. But now its getting personal.. lol

A sighthound with that narrow head can not use a choke- as they can go from 0 to 35 mph in a matter of a few strides. A choke would slip over head as small ears and gone.

borzoimom

Okay help me think... list big vendors.

Foster and Smith

Pet edge

Pet smart and pet co

Dog training equipment

sit stay

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh whom else?

Made by Premier but so far the sites I have found do not have it...

Edited by borzoimom
CrazyTzuLady

What about this one? Lead

I fixed the link try it now. Sorry!

Edited by CrazyTzuLady
borzoimom

ohhhhhh please type the link out. The short cut won't work.. its only been 3 years since I got the black one- it has to still be on the market.

borzoimom

What about this one? Lead

I fixed the link try it now. Sorry!

Its very close but see the one I have adjusts in the collar part. So only so much meets " the pressure points" in the back of the neck" and not the lead... See why the frustration???? Thank you so much for trying- .. this is getting personalll. lol..

CrazyTzuLady

Ahhh yup I see that now. I will look some more and see what I can find..........

Michelle I even looked on the Premier website and the only ones they have is the one I showed you. None of them are adjustable. I think you may be right I don't think they make them like that anymore.

borzoimom

yea- see the problem? the only thing I can think of is get it at a show. ( ie someones left over stock.) My handler is going to look too as she is showing again in like 2 weeks up where she is.

I like the adjustable one. You can make the collar for the neck size ie not going into the lead that makes a wider pressure point on the back of the next... ( thinks.. hmmm wonder what would happen if I bleach this one.... make a spotted mess probably...)

Edited by borzoimom
tzuhouse

You might consider having one made. I knew a girl from Canada (don't have her site anymore) and she made the martingale leashes and could just as easily make it adjustable. Wonder if any of our "seamstresses" here could help you out.

borzoimom

Okay- what about a different company but same design. Remember- the Rosco has a clip- that breaks the coat or makes tangles.

CrazyTzuLady

I searched all over the web today and that was the closest I could come up with.

tzuhouse

You might consider having one made. I knew a girl from Canada (don't have her site anymore) and she made the martingale leashes and could just as easily make it adjustable. Wonder if any of our "seamstresses" here could help you out.

Didn't know if you saw my suggestion because we posted at exactly the same time....LOL

borzoimom

I am getting to that point.. I swear I cant find it... And thank you!

now i have a headache from banging my head on the computer trying to find it..... Have I mentioned its time for bed????? lol :puke:

purdybits

now i have a headache from banging my head on the computer trying to find it..... Have I mentioned its time for bed????? lol :puke:

:judy:

Tzumommy

You know I hate to say it but you might to have to use that black one and then at the show go check out the venders they always have things like this that you can't find any were else,When I was showing I new if i needed anything they would probably have it.

Kae+Gizzy

Sorry if this has already been posted but you said it was made by Premier, not sure if anyone checked out their site.

https://www.premier.com/store/Products.aspx?cid=1&pid=20

Those ones look very similar to the one in the pic.

Hope you manage to find one :)

borzoimom

Yea Tammy- thats what I was thinking, and use the white one we have for pictures like we did this past weekend.

Oh Wendy thank you- but that is the one I could find. See how its not adjustable in the collar part of it?

Let me explain why I want one adjustable in the collar. When you have a set size in the collar, then if its smaller on the dog, where the collar meets the lead is wider, and makes a wider area of " pressure"- almost imatating a 'scruff hold". If you look when this one is 'tightened" its a narrow area of correction. Also being flat it doesnt roll up the neck getting quickly under the ears- again- especially to a young dog, that hold there is like a " scruff hold." The flat collars do not roll up. And by having within the collar itsself the adjustable part, you can more make the lead easily specifically for the dog being shown.

:pcwhack:

:) yup!

Kae+Gizzy

Ahh okay Michelle gotcha! I will have a browse again and see if l can find one with an adjustable neck. Wow these harnesses are almost impossible to find. l'm not surprised you are pulling your hair out :)

Will report back if l see anything lol

borzoimom

Pathetic isn't it???? You would think finding a show lead, that is flat with an adjustable collar martingale would be easy. .. Its easy to find one that is rolled but not flat.. I wanted to pick up the computer and throw it through the window yesterday... lol

FairyTail Josette

Pathetic isn't it???? You would think finding a show lead, that is flat with an adjustable collar martingale would be easy. .. Its easy to find one that is rolled but not flat.. I wanted to pick up the computer and throw it through the window yesterday... lol

:hysterical: Hmmm....looks like you have a new product to design and patent, Michelle. :hysterical:

• 2 months later...
borzoimom

bump if anyone has found it...Also- Star has looked at every single show she has been too, can not find the one that is flat... anyone?

mr.coffee

Okay, this may be a little off the wall, but if it's not available in white and you ~really, really~ want it in white, have you considered finding a source for the material and having one made? It seems like it's all pretty standard bits of hardware, worst case you could butcher an existing lead for the bits, what would remain would seem like pretty simple sewing machine stuff. Mind you, I don't sew but I do love making things, perhaps I'm (pardon the pun...) barking up the wrong tree....

Then there's always bleach or other whitening techniques.

-m