My Rescue story

CookieMonsterMommy

CookieMonsterMommy

About 4-5 months ago I woke up to my husband(Dave) yelling up the stairs for some help. I ran down and found him holding to adorable, yet obviously neglected little pups. One of the pups I named cookie and the other we named Jack. Cookie is a small shih-tzu and Jack is a 4 month old jack russel. We were conscerned for our cat so we put the babies out on the patio and made a doggie house for them (box with a hole cut in it and about 4 towels and blankets in the floor). It was so cold out and I wanted to cry every time I looked out the glass door and saw them watching me. I observed their behavior for about 3 hours them one at a time brought them and bathed them, then let them dry in the warm bathroom.

I have never met 2 dogs so thankful for being given a little food and love.

We tried to find the previous owners, but never could. I really believe that they were abandoned. :)

It is so sad that someone would do that.

In the end we found out that they had no chip and no one claimed them. We also discovered that Jack was not house broken and found him a wonderful forever home (though I still think about it and wish that we could have kept him.) We live in a small one bedroom apartment so there was just no way. I cried so hard when I dropped him off with his new mommy.

On a happier note, I now have my gorgious little Cookie and I can't imagine not having her.

On side note: Our cat Diego was also a stray baby that I found beside my bank when he was only about 4-6 weeks old.

I love my babies and am so happy that I couldn't say no.

Angie

more pics

Angie, I love your story, your Cookie is so lucky that you found them. Do you ever hear from Jack's new parents? I do think things happen for a reason and our furkids come especially for us. She reminds me a lot of my Josie.

Bless you for taking care of them and giving both of them a forever home (even if you couldn't keep them both). You did a wonderful thing. How people can leave pets abandoned is beyond me. Cookie is just darling and has the most beautiful big expressive eyes!! She is a lucky little gal!

Edited by Riquena
FairyTail Josette

What a beautiful story and a happy ending for both you and Cookie. Thank you for sharing. She's so sweet, I love her pretty face and beautiful coloring. You are Cookie's guardian angel and she is yours.

Gosh that's some story. And wasn't your hubby lovely for bringing them home to you.

ShihtzuBeauty

What a wonderful story and :ohyeah:

Kae+Gizzy

I wish there were more people in the world like you and your Hubby. Bless you both for giving them a home.

Cookie is adorable and I am so happy both her and Jack and Diego have loving homes now.

CrazyTzuLady

What a lovely story. Cookie is such a lucky little girl to have been found by you and your hubby. :ohyeah:

CookieMonsterMommy

Gosh that's some story. And wasn't your hubby lovely for bringing them home to you.

Yah he just didn't understand the power of the stray until he brought these 2 into our lives. You can't help falling in love them.

I haven't kept in contact, as much as I would like to, with jacks new parents, but we do exchange occasional emails and she calls me when ever she has ?s. Her son loves him and they play all the time. I don't think she realized the energy level that Jack Russels tend to have. LOL.... But they do love him, I also told her that if for any reason she can't keep him in the future to call me and I will either find him another home or I'll keep him.

I just don't want him in the same situation he started out in. He is way to sweet for that.

Angie

Sweet Story and you were blessed with a sweetie! It's great when they find a good home that is willing to go the distance and give the love....but you know .... I think its us who are Blessed when they come to be our pups no matter how it happens. :)

Bravo to you and your husband for saving these little ones!

kcsheperd

What a great story, and with a happy ending an all! So glad Cookie has come into your life, and what a great thing you did for Jack!

• 5 months later...
PhantomLover007

Great story. Cookie and Jack were blessed to and had an angel looking over them when your husband found them. It's great that both found loving homes. Cookie is really cute