New Version Paint Shop

This is for all you techies out there. After checking out the many posts here regarding Paint Shop Pro 9, and everyone's endorsement, I figured I'd go buy it and try and educate myself.

Unfortunately, it appears Pro 9 is no longer being produced by the company. I even called them today and asked.

The newer version is Paint Shop Pro Photo X2.

I did check around the web today, and some people seem to like this new version, others don't and say it takes up too much space on their computer and that it is very slow.

I was wondering if any of you have used it, and if so, would you recommend it?

Thanks.

Not sure..I use Paint Shop Pro X.. but I also love Adobe Photoshop, and they both do about the same thing. So if you don't like the PSP, you might try the adobe and see if you like it.. Good luck! :D

GizmoHappyKitty

I have Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 and I LOVE it. I have never tried any of the other versions so I have nothing else to compare it to other than the old Picture it program I had on my older computer. I think if you go to their website that you can probably try a trial version of it to see if you like it or not. http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/...t/1152796555406

Michele and the pups

I have it too and love it. Try it , thats what I did to start with and I am glad I did. :(

I just downloaded the trial version.I have PSP 9.I haven't had a chance to see if there is any difference in the two.Has anyone compared the two.

FairyTail Josette

A friend of mine has every PSP version there is....from the very old to the new. The newer versions are more user friendly, but, you are more limited in what you can do, versus than with the older versions.

Thank you all for your input. I think I'll definitely give Photo X2 a chance. I've never worked with any other product, so this will be a challenge, but I think it'll be fun.

• 3 weeks later...
FairyTail Josette

I have Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 and I LOVE it. I have never tried any of the other versions so I have nothing else to compare it to other than the old Picture it program I had on my older computer. I think if you go to their website that you can probably try a trial version of it to see if you like it or not. http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/...t/1152796555406

Michele and the pups

Would love too learn how to make these signatures! :unsure: Dont know where to start! don't know what to get. Is there an idiot proof one! :imstupid: LOL

Neecie, Michele posted the link above for a free trial of Paint Shop Pro Photo X2. It's much more user friendly than some of the older PSP versions. Hope that helps. :)

I am still using PSP v8. I looked into the later ones but they didn't seem to offer more bells and whistles, occasionally fewer.

Neecie if you want to dip you toe in without splashing the cash after the commercial software trials, there are some very good free editing programmes listed here : http://dottech.org/headline/12196 and there are thousands of options for making siggies on imikimi.com. If you want to 'play around' with some of your pictures, try picnik.com. The last two are pretty idiot proof :imstupid:

Edited by LondonGirl

You can dl a trail version of Paint shop pro. I think it lasts about a month. I don't think you get animation shop with the latest versions so look around for a download for that if you want to be able to animate your tags.

Thank you and you're welcome :-)