Gut wrenching rescue-

borzoimom

so, borzoi are a very rare breed? i don't know much about them, never heard of em until i got on here.

those are horrible pictures. they are so thin, their faces remind me of the rats of nimh.

somebody needs an attitude adjustment with a Louisville slugger for keeping them like that.

Wicket's mom

What a sin! I'm glad to see those poor dogs are now in better hands and hopefully they'll all have loving homes real soon.

Do you know what those big round "bubbles" hanging off of a couple of those girls' skin were? I've never seen anything like that.

So terribly sad. They have a long way to go, but you can see how appreciative they are in the "after bath" pics. Poor babies, you are right Michelle, it sickening.

.The only possitive thing about those pics are the after pictures.My God,you would hardly recognise those majestic looking creatures.I hope they throw the book at the disgusting creature who was responsible for this cruelty.I would love to know how these Borzois look in a few months.

God bless the rescue people! I always pray for them, because they are doing God's work to help His creatures. Poor babies...

What a sin! I'm glad to see those poor dogs are now in better hands and hopefully they'll all have loving homes real soon.

Do you know what those big round "bubbles" hanging off of a couple of those girls' skin were? I've never seen anything like that.

Those are mammory tumors. They occur when teat care after having a litter- like suddenly taking the pups away, or not watching the teats for infection, and eventually the infection turns into a tumor. ( hopefully- because bad mastitus can also cause death due to infection.)

If anyone is interested I was told last night due to the massive undertaking, with so many that will require extensive surgeries or treatment, they were putting a donation link on the website.

FairyTail Josette

So devastating. I'm glad they were able to get them out of there. So saddened the one had advanced stages of cancer and was put down, at least, his last moments were in comfort with love.

CrazyTzuLady

OMG that is just horrible. I just don't get how people can be so cruel to such loving and devoted animals. It makes me sick. :) I do hope they all are fortunate enough to find a loving forever home where they can live out their lives in peace and happiness.

One thing about our breed is that there is a waiting list of people that want to adopt. And since its a national club, people know all over the country when dogs are available.

CrazyTzuLady

One thing about our breed is that there is a waiting list of people that want to adopt. And since its a national club, people know all over the country when dogs are available.

That is great! So I am sure there are already people lined up to take these beauties home with them. :)

Including us, but I doubt one will fit our situation- but who knows. They match the dog to your situation so it just depends.

• 4 weeks later...
pookiebear01

That is just horrible! I really don't understand some people! It's great that a group of people can come together and save these poor babies! They are so beautiful!!! Thank you for all your hard work and dedication!!!