announcing my new granddog

Our #3 daughter Emily and her husband Pat are signing papers right now to take home little Joey, found as a matted, filthy stray in Delaware. I had planned to give Pat one of our upcoming puppies, but Emily continued to look at rescues and shelter dogs. They took Sucia, out of Zinnia's first litter, to visit Joey today and by report, he is extremely mellow and very sweet. He has been cleaned up and now does not look like a shih tzu mix. I'm so glad Sucia will have a brother now--Pat's old lab mix died a few months ago, so she's been lonely. Emily has rescued hamsters before, but this is her first dog rescue. Two of my three granddogs are shelter dogs. My kids rock.

FairyTail Josette

Paula, Congratulations to Pat and Emily! Sucia will really enjoy her new brother, Joey. I would love to see photos of the two of them, sometime. :pray: Yep, your daughter does indeed rock! :D I'm so sorry to hear that Pat and Emily lost their Lab mix. :giggle:

Okay, I saw pictures, and Joey looks to me like a shih tzu x chihuahua. Definitely has a shih tzu look about him, but has the little ears that are erect except for the tips.

pictures or it didn't happen :D

seriously though, that's great. gotta have respect for those that take in rescues.

Edited by xr4man
ShihtzuBeauty

Yes your kids Rock!!! :whitney: Congratulations!!!

NickyPhyl

How sweet that you consider them your "granddogs" :whitney:

Well, Emily and Pat have no interest in skinkids, so their dogs are very important to them, and therefore to me.

Wicket's mom

That's great! Congrats!!!!!

I do hope we get to see pics :hideingbhindcurtian:

mom2Gizmo

Congratulations! Good for your daughter for rescuing a dog. Every animal in my house is a rescue, I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't wait to see pics.

How great...I love GRANDanything...LOL Can't wait to see pics of the little fellow...

Congrats on the new family member. :aktion033: