Getting Your Dog to Obey

mr.coffee

LOL @ Dakotah. :)

Harley is awful at recall. Even grandiose attempts to trick him fail utterly. Sometimes, even attempts to bribe him don't work.

-m

Macey rarely makes it beyond the end of the driveway.. much less anyplace else... we have resorted to pulling out my kid's old umbrella stroller and putting her in that THEN we go for a walk. Everyone laughs, oohs and Ahhs.. BUT it is the only way she will "walk" with us.

Carrie

Dakotah's momma

I guess then all one can say is they have a mind of their own like me so. All I know is Aqui works for him especially if he knows his special treat is waiting. This is a treat whether food or play time they know they get if they come or Aqui. It seems to be working so far. It sure makes me feel like not the brightest person doing it but it works. We hide from him with his snack which he is allowed to see and James holds him back and when I holler his name and say Aqui he finds me. We are learning alot in class for sure. We have 4 more weeks and then we will take a break before going on to the Intermediate class.

Thanks for the incite tho.

tzuhouse

The one I am having trouble with is Rudy will come to me like he wants me to pick him up, then he RUNS.....little brat. Also, if I want him and he doesn't come, if he is right by me, I will reach for him and again, he will run....I mean RUN and there is NO catching him....I want him to obey, but forget about it when that happens. So I just ignore him....