Chewy my new foster dog

Here is Chewy. He is from a puppy mill in MO. He spent 6 years in a cage. He is one happy little guy. I am so impressed with his spirt. He is so excited about everything. All he wants to do is play and hump. LOL He will need to get neutered asap.

Claudiabehr

He IS a little chewy......I'm so happy for him that he was able to find you. He looks to be in pretty good physical shape and I hope this is true.

He has some really bad teeth and his mouth smells. he rear legs don't seem very strong and kind of splayed. But I trimed his nails they were really long and they still need to be shortened. That may help him walk better.

Little Molly

I think he is absolutely darling! How come he spent 6 yrs in a cage? Was it a small cage? I just cannot understand for the life of me why people can be so cruel.

Did I see something wrong with his tail? Not sure, but it looks kind of crooked.

I think this foster home situation is such a blessing! I hope he does well with you!

Pam

His tail is fine. He was a stud dog for a puppy mill, so he just lived in a cage just like all the other dogs. Which is so sad. I tell you he looked just defeated when I picked him up. No emotion and scared. I was so happy to see the happiness and how he came to life when he got to my house. There is a sparkle in his eyes and it makes me very happy he isn't ruined by these people who kept him in a cage his whole life.

Little Molly

His tail is fine. He was a stud dog for a puppy mill, so he just lived in a cage just like all the other dogs. Which is so sad. I tell you he looked just defeated when I picked him up. No emotion and scared. I was so happy to see the happiness and how he came to life when he got to my house. There is a sparkle in his eyes and it makes me very happy he isn't ruined by these people who kept him in a cage his whole life.

I had no idea that all this was going on. Not that I live with my head in the sand, but I have never looked for or intended to "buy" a puppy. I have always been given one. So all this "business" with breeding (puppy mills) is just disgusting to me. What do they think these animals are, ...machines or something?

I really hope that Chewy (love that name) just radiates in his new home! Poor thing! I am sure ANYTHING is better than where he once was.

Also, good to hear about his tail.

I think fostering dogs is great. But I don't think I could give him up after seeing him! :hideingbhindcurtian:

Pam

Shar, he really is a pretty little thing. Doesn't it just amaze you the conditions he must have suffered in, yet, they say, they live in the moment and Chewy is proof of that. He is now just living and enjoying life and every minute of it. Let's hope he continues to suffer no ill effects and looks forward to every new day.

Wicket's mom

Awww, he's adorable :hideingbhindcurtian: And he looks so happy playing outside in your nice big yard. You're doing such a wonderful thing for this sweet little man.

tzukeeper

Chewy is adorable! I know that defeated look you speak of....Emi had it when I first saw her. She lived in a very small cage her entire life (estimated to be 7 years old at the time). Dogs are so forgiving of the things that humans do to them. Evidenced by Chewy's new "sparkle" and new found spirit. I wish that baby all the luck and love that life has to offer. He is gonna be somebody's "heart dog"...I just know it!

FairyTail Josette

Chewy's photos in your backyard are truly priceless. Just the feeling of the grass underneath his paws for the very first time were heaven to him, I bet. All the outdoor smells and sounds, I'm sure he was just taking every moment in. In the second photo, you can see the excitement in his whole face. Shar, you have literally opened up a "whole new world" for Chewy, bless you.

He learned how to snuggle and cuddle on his own last night. It was so sweet.

ShihtzuBeauty

He is Absolutely Beautiful!!! :blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl: What a Wonderful life chaninging thing you've done for him I hope he finds a forever home soon.

He is Absolutely Beautiful!!! :blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl: What a Wonderful life chaninging thing you've done for him I hope he finds a forever home soon.

I don't know if I can give him up......LOL What am I going to do.

Little Molly

Do you have to? Can you keep him if you wanted to or were able to? I sure hope so!

Lyrics to Chewbacca :

(as Jabba)

Shee'saa, beecha hoo'onky Chewbacca.

Chewbacca!

(Raaar, etc)

Chewie!

(Raaar, etc)

Chewbacca!

(Raaar, etc)

Chewie!

(Raaar, etc)

Chewie, is that you?

(Raaaring continues)

oooOOOOHWHAT A WOOKIE!

(growling)

(as Jabba)

Ho, ho, ho. No beecha kan hoo Han Solo.

those of you that have seen "clerks" will recognize this.

ShihtzuBeauty

LOL I would be in the same boat I would just have to add a 5th. he is Precious and you know is going to be soo very grateful to you.

Claudiabehr

My vote goes to you keeping Chewy. Somehow I'm sure you can make it happen. Although sometimes I get tge feeling with these little furballs that they're so good at loving, we miss them more than they might miss us.

FairyTail Josette

I say, if you do find the perfect home for him, let him go. But, if not, he's your new baby! So, it's a win-win situation for little Chewy. I really adore him, he's truly very special.

Ok, he went to the vet today.

He is older than we thought, he is around 9.

He has rear bad knees, no surg required. Pain meds and asprin

Needs 5 teeth pulled

Needs to be neutered

Has a cold

Has a bilateral ear infection

I am keeping him......LOL No sense in starting over anywhere else since he is 9. He loves the gang and we love him. Yippee!!!!!

LOL, Shar, I just KNEW you were going to come to that!!! I have read so many posts from you and just kinda had a feeling about it. I am SO happy for you, it is so obvious he needs to be part of YOUR pack and so obvious YOU need him there.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! :ohyeah: :)

ShihtzuBeauty

:ohyeah: Oh Shar I'm soo Happy to hear this!!! What a lucky little man he is he now has a Wonderful forever famiy! :)

LOL.......I knew the minute I saw him I was going to keep him. But I didn't want to admit it until I gave it a few days. He is just so happy. He has to go back in tomorrow to the vet. He has blood in his urine. So I am gonna get him all fixed up and let him enjoy the rest of his like with me. He is great with the other dogs and cats. Just a sweetheart.

Congratulations to you both! Very happy for you. :ohyeah::):birthday_toast: :birthday_toast: :birthday_toast: