Emmi's Brother is up for adoption

I just happen to glance at the Home At Last Shelter listing yesterday where I rescued Emmi at and saw Emmi's sibling, a brother, back at the shelter..

I have no idea why, as they are closed until Monday...

It breaks my heart to think her brother is stuck in a dog cage again! :dede:

He's so cute! His name is Sidney!

http://homeatlasths.org/PetFinder.php

Edited by Apeke
luvmybabies

I hope you are ready for another baby cuz you sound like you are heading that way! He sure is a cutie so I can see how he would tug at your heartstrings. Hey, I have a black one too so I am particularly drawn to him also. I'm way too far away though (probably a good thing as I have six fur babies now!!!). Please let us know what you find out about him.

Aww that makes me sad. It breaks my heart when a furbaby loses their home and ends up in a scarey place. They have no idea why they are there. Praying for this little guy :dede:

Joyce...I only wish I could...

My hubby made it known LOUDLY last night he was NOT in favor of it happening...

Sad thing is..I know Emmi's disposition and personality and so I know he would be a good boy! That would balance out my brood..

2 boys and 2 girls...But NOOOOOO...!

Hubby is such a poo poo head! :pullhair:

FairyTail Josette

Oh Vicki, how sad for Sydney. He does look just like Emmi. :pullhair: Is this a no kill shelter? I looked at the site, and they don't actually state it is. So, I'm confused. By chance, do you happen to have a Shih Tzu rescue org. nearby? If so, please make them aware of Sydney if this is not a no kill shelter. They will get him out of there and placed into a loving and forever home.

If I were closer I don't think I could resist......wanted a boy and a girl and have two girls. One more boy.........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Mike, where are you? Cannothaveanotherpuppycannothaveanotherpuppycannothaveanotherpuppy.

Oh Vicki, how sad for Sydney. He does look just like Emmi. :pullhair: Is this a no kill shelter? I looked at the site, and they don't actually state it is. So, I'm confused. By chance, do you happen to have a Shih Tzu rescue org. nearby? If so, please make them aware of Sydney if this is not a no kill shelter. They will get him out of there and placed into a loving and forever home.

Suzi..... YES this IS a NO KILL shelter.....

They have kept dogs well over a year before transferring them to a sister shelter in another area if no one shows interest here.

It just broke my heart to see her only brother back there.

If I were closer I don't think I could resist......wanted a boy and a girl and have two girls. One more boy.........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Mike, where are you? Cannothaveanotherpuppycannothaveanotherpuppycannothaveanotherpuppy.

Claudia...

Yesyoucanyesyoucanyesyoucanyesyoucanyesyoucanyesyoucanyesyoucanyesyoucanyesyoucan......!

I am going to sponsor him until I know he has been placed in a good and loving home!

I have about 3 or so yards left over from a darling brown and tan bone blanket I made Corkey and will make Sidney a blanket all his own.

I will call tomorrow and ask the reason he's back.

It could be any number of reasons.

Owner surrender due to illness, divorce, moving...

He could be sick like Emmi was and they not have the funds to run the needed vet tests/care..(which is where I can offer up Emmi's issue and see if that help the shelter know what to ask at the vet and a simple change of diet), or the owner may have passed away.

Whatever the reason...He's a doll and my heart is breaking! (someone....please pass the tissue...sniff)

chloechanel'smommy

So sad. He is a little darling. Just like Emmi. I know he will find a good home. Keep us posted.

Awe Vicki, I am saddened to see Sidney back in the shelter. I do hope it will be for a very short time....wonder if you could tell the people at the shelter the issues you had with your Emmi and what you did to resolve it. That way IF he was surrendered for health issues, it may be that it was the same as with Emmi...it could save someone a lot of time and effort resolving things for Sidney...plus he would be on the right road soon. Just a thought. Keep us posted on the little darling.....

He is a cutie pie. Looks just like Emmi. I guess there is no way hubby will reconsider? I would love for Emmi to be with her brother. Is it that he thinks that it will be to many dogs for you to handle?

Edited by mel
FairyTail Josette

Suzi..... YES this IS a NO KILL shelter.....

They have kept dogs well over a year before transferring them to a sister shelter in another area if no one shows interest here.

It just broke my heart to see her only brother back there.

Claudia...

I am going to sponsor him until I know he has been placed in a good and loving home!

I have about 3 or so yards left over from a darling brown and tan bone blanket I made Corkey and will make Sidney a blanket all his own.

I will call tomorrow and ask the reason he's back.

It could be any number of reasons.

Owner surrender due to illness, divorce, moving...

He could be sick like Emmi was and they not have the funds to run the needed vet tests/care..(which is where I can offer up Emmi's issue and see if that help the shelter know what to ask at the vet and a simple change of diet), or the owner may have passed away.

Whatever the reason...He's a doll and my heart is breaking! (someone....please pass the tissue...sniff)

Vicki, your post is music to my ears. The facility looks so nice and new. I was thrilled to hear you're going to sponsor Sydney! :bdaycake: He will really enjoy and appreciate his new soft and warm blanket, Vicki. Calling in and offering Emmi's history, so, they can document for the next home will be so helpful. :pullhair: As adorable as he is, I wouldn't think he would be there long. It made me so sad to look at all their babies needing a good home. :wish:

luvmybabies

When my breeder e-mailed me that Benji had come back because of health issues of his new owner my hubby was reading the e-mail over my shoulder and immediately said NO WAY! As you all now know there was a way and he didn't pout for very long especially when I pointed out I did all the work and all he had to do was give out the love. I am so glad I took him as he really balances out my brood as he seems to be like all the others combined. Also, I would never have had the knowledge of how to show him which is what I have secretly always wanted for one of my dogs. Of course he will also be trained in obedience/rally like my others but this little guy has such attitude!! Maybe if you let things simmer and then ask him again he won't be able to resist! Crossing my fingers for you.

ShihtzuBeauty

Ahh poor little guy what a Beautiful boy I do hope he finds a loving forever home soon! Call All your friends and family ADAP! :pullhair:

When I tried that link, I did not find him. So hopefully he has found a good for ever home. I am lucky. I have a feeling however many dogs I wanted, my husband would go along with it.

Read His update! :congrats:

I tried to find him to read the update but I can't find him there...must be good news though!

Angela...

I adopted him...

He's home with me now! :rolleyes: