'You aren't looking for them, but I found your two dogs.'

Chloe's Mama

Chloe's Mama

Someone posted this on Facebook. It was originally on Craigslist.

Sigh. No one is looking for these guys. And I see why. They hump everything in sight, try to dominate our old doggies, try to eat our cats and pee on everything and bark at everything. Neurotic, lick constantly. They know no commands, either in English or Spanish. They are aggressive and probably lived in a puppy mill. You dumped them, probably, and we picked them up before they were killed by traffic. Unneutered, no tags, under 1 year old small males. I hate you, person who dumped these dogs. There are no lost ads on phone poles, no lost ad on Craig's list, no lost ad in the paper. We put signs up all over, put a found notice in at the local pounds and if you were looking for these filthy little ragamuffins, you would have found them. We are afraid to take them to the pound because under stress, your dogs were snappy and horribly afraid and dogs are judged by temperament for adoption placement. They would not have passed that test. However.....

They are, under their filth, mats and horrible habits, adorable. They have learned "Quiet," "Come," "Sit." They have stopped being so neurotic and we have broken most of their bad habits in just a few days. They are smart and sweet and are looking for guidance and WANT to be good little dogs. One is a purebred little white and buff guy with an under bite, the other is a brown little dog that looks almost exactly like a miniature version of a larger breed dog. They know each other and were obviously (by the same bad habits) raised (poorly) together. We will get them neutered, train them and get them into a good, loving home with people who use the brains God gave them.

If these are your dogs, come on by, I'd like to kick your a$$.

• Like 1

What very lucky little dogs. May whoever made you what you *were* burn in hell for an appropriate amount of time. If that's harsh, well, SORRY.

ShihtzuBeauty

Not harsh I'm Sick and tired of worthless "human beings"

Not harsh I'm Sick and tired of worthless "human beings"

That's two of us. As the economy fails to improve (and the shelters get more crowded) we have more and more people (4 last week alone) walk into the school and tell us, "I can't keep my dog, he pees all over-humps everything in sight-bites-doesn't like our kids"-etc. etc. ad nauseum. The majority of these dogs are under a year old and for the most part are terrified of everything, unkempt-to-filthy, often matted, were "adopted" at age 6 weeks OR LESS, and have never seen a vet.

I have often thought that people should have to pass a test to reproduce. FOR SURE people should have to pass some kind of test before owning a dog!

• Like 1
Carolina Girl

Sickening........ My poor baby, Ozzy, was tied to a pole at PetSmart in the middle of July. People are sick and think that animals are disposable. They dump one dog for not being perfect and will eventually go out and get another.....

That is so so sad. :) Stories like that make me SO MAD.

About two years ago.. I was having a super super bad day.. dealing with various things with my husband, (after his accident), and I was just.. so down. I really really needed something to smile about that day.. but there was nothing.

I went out to the mailbox, (at my mom's) to get the mail, and it was raining and muddy, and cold.. and I opened the box, got the mail, and closed it, but I looked down because I felt a weight on my foot.. Looking up at me, through a shaggy dirty face, sat a little shihtzu.. (sitting ON my foot), matted, and filthy, and shivering like mad.. she looked a mess..!!

I knew my mom was gonna kill me.... *wince* I put the mail back in the box, and picked her up, and turned around to look at the house.. bracing. My mom was looking out the window already with huge eyes.. I knew what she was thinking. Oh God.. she's bringing that filthy in here, isn't she... lolol.. Yes. Yes I was.

By the time I got to the door, mom opened it, and already had a warm, clean towel waiting for us. I spent the rest of the evening bathing her, (twice.. she was full of mud, and fleas. I AM NOT a groomer, by any means, didn't know the first thing about them.. but I brushed her out as best I could, and cut the really bad ones out of her fur.. trimmed what I could.. I knew anything I could manage would be an improvement. It was the middle of the day, so while she slept in my lap I called the police station, and both local vets.. she had no tags. I left her breed, and coloring, and my information with them, and waited.

I didn't hear anything all night. She slept in my bed. I ran through a list of names out loud to her..to see if she liked any of them.. and she seemed to perk up when I called her Molly, (which was the name of my most favorite dog growing up.. a white boxer that my grandpa left to guard my Gram and I when I was little. He worked as a wrecker man, and odd men were always stopping by). Anyway.. Molly it was then.. I thought God had answered a prayer that I didn't even know I had had...

Four days went by, and Molly and I were becoming fast friends. I was desperately getting attatched, but thought.. four days with no news? Obviously no one wanted her but me. So just when I started to let me guard down.. her owner called. From four blocks over, she came to get her dog, and my heart fell. OMG what did you do to her.. she looks so great. Uhm.... I washed her. :( I missed her already, didn't want to let her go.. and honestly.. I SHOULDn't have let her go. I stopped to visit her twice.. in the span of three weeks, at the encouragement of her owner. I dropped off some pictures I had taken of her.. Her name was actually HOLLY, lol... which was probably why she came when I called her Molly. Anyway.. she was four years old, and this woman didn't even have one picture of her for a flyer.. (I had a dozen, and I only had her four DAYS).

I begged the woman to get her tags, which I noticed Holly still didn't have...... and she promised she would. When I went to visit a week later.. she was gone.. again. She was put out for hours in the rain in a tiny, dirty backyard, with holes in the fencing.. and not checked on, and she got out again, and she was just gone. And this she didn't find me to rescue her. We never saw her again. I STILL regret trying so hard to find out where she belonged. She didn't belong there.

I definitely believe a thousand percent that you should have to be tested.. to own a dog. People make me ill sometimes.

3944.jpg

ShihtzuBeauty

I knew I didn't want to finish reading this story. You went as far as to check up on her and offer advice, I would have done the same. My heart breaks for Holly :D it really makes me literally want to strangle "people".

mr.coffee

Huh. I could hint as to what I would've done...I've got my own rescue story a few threads down from here. Nobody ever did look for that dog, and I never have had an opportunity to see her since.

Holly was a nice looking pup, and I guess we can all hope she found a new home where she would be cared for.

I think most folks around here know I have very little faith in humanity...

-m

It's silly, (probably, since I only had her four days), but I still miss her.. :blush-anim-cl: ..and wonder where she is, hoping that she found a good family.

It's not silly...I do "save a dog" on facebook and memorize the shih tzus in my area and check on them everyday. When one is gone, I'm a little sad and hoping, hoping, hoping that whoever was in charge of placing the dog in a forever home did *their* homework finding responsible loving owners. I don't even want to tell you what was in the Fort Wayne paper and news yesterday about a dog. Sickening, how some people can lack even basic humanity!