UP FOR ADOPTION

I just took my Corkey to his final check up on his eye (everything is healing nicely...yay)

and my vet, Dr. Michails asked me if I knew anyone who was looking to adopt a pit bull.

Apparently someone's pitti had babies and gave one of the babies away too early and the new owners

young and totally uneducated on feedings, started giving the baby human cow milk at 5 weeks.

And this poor baby developed an allergy skin condition, that my vet is treating currently.

She is looking to place this baby (she thinks it's a blue pit) with a furever home and not go to someone who's only will to foster.

She wants him to start out with a furever mommy and daddy and home.

He is only 7 weeks and as cute as can be.

She WILL be willing to transport him IF who ever takes him will to KEEP him as their own fur bug and not look to adopt it out again!

I took a few photos of him and they are below.

My vet, Dr. Michails is the human holding him!

He is outgoing, friendly and so in need of someone to love him and give him a cozy comfy bed and lots of toys and good foods to eat! Nom Nom!

Without further ado..

The Blue Baby! SERIOUSLY....

ISN'T HE TOO CUTE???

Edited by Apeke

Not my breed. Cute, I guess, but not my breed.

ShihtzuBeauty

Ahh he is Adorable I hope he finds a forever home.

loewenthal.anna

Have they tried listing him through APBR? I would think a courtesy listing would be perfect in this situation because you'd get the expertise of people who place pits for a living helping to screen potential owners. I get so nervous for bullies in rescue because some people will do whatever it takes to convince you they're serious. . . only to let the dog down in the end.

Good luck finding him a home!

Anna, bullies in rescue make me nervous also. They are so at the mercy of human beings, and we have to hope and pray they find good people who will do what's best for the dog. I understand....I worry too.

It's not my breed either. But that doesn't mean I don't care about them or their welfare. I love all dogs, even if they aren't 12 lb. fluffballs!

anyway, how is this little guy doing now that it's been a couple days?

Edited by mom2Gizmo
Wicket's mom

He IS very cute! I wouldn't be a good owner for a pitbull though, and probably not any other big dog breed either. I sometimes have trouble keeping up with my 25 lb Boston Terrier's exercise needs so I can't imagine how I would do with a Pitbull...

I do hope you and your vet can find a good home for him though, he deservers a loving forever home!

I hope that they have found that beautiful baby a good home. I am not able to even think of taking care of a big dog. There was a time when they were all I kept. In many ways they are easier than the little ones. They are not picky about the kind of food you feed them, just feed good food and that part is taken care of. We always had plenty of room for exercise, with 3 kids and 12 cousins to love and play with, they had it made. Now, I am old and sick, and have fallen in love with these new little babies that I would probably have overlooked in other circumstances.

Little dogs need love and socialization to thrive and become good family members and big dogs need the same.