Ozzy is looking for a home

Awww what a darling little guy! I hope everything goes well and you end up bringing him home. He soooo deserves to live a long and happy life and get spoiled rotten by someone, and that someone sounds like you!!!!!!!!!! :throb: :)Good luck in your decision! Cant wait for updates :(

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mr.coffee

• Shredder

• xr4man

• Seastar

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm floored... I may have found Ozzy a furever home! I don't know if I dare to get my hopes up, but...Francie, the singer/songwriter I've been playing with for about six months or so, her moth

Been thinking a lot about Ozzy the last few days. It's hard to believe I've been in Houston nearly three years already, and he's still there at Dag's. Re-reading the whole thread has me thinking aga

OMG...I read this whole thread from beginning to end and I am bawling my eyes out....so heart wrenching and I wish I had the means myself to take him home and care for him :'( Please keep us updated o

mr.coffee

Nooooo...

I want to do at least one more playdate at Dag's, talk to them more about his needs, then do a few playdates at home & just see how things go. It's hard to wait but I don't want to just jump in - as much as we seem drawn to eachother, I need to be sure of what's best both for us and for little Oz.

-m

luvmybabies

I really admire your restraint in not just rushing in and taking little Ozzy home when you want to so badly. You are being very level headed in working out all the details beforehand. This little dog sounds like he has been through too much to not go to a loving forever home next instead of having to try to find another home if it didn't work out for you. I know from all I've read on this forum that Ozzy would indeed find a very loving home with you and would be very fortunate if things could be worked out. I'm keeping my fingers (toes too) that things do work out.

mr.coffee

Today we had another playdate. Ozzy and Harley just seem like they belong together! It was funny, I was sitting on a couch with them both in my lap, and whenever the other dogs would hear anything they'd start carrying on. Well, as soon as they'd start, Ozzy would jump off the couch - yeah, I know?!? - and go face down the bigger dogs & bark back at them, then turn around and give me this little look like, see, I'm telling them not to bark at you! It was so cute!

He's still a bit swollen but healing up nicely, I will probably bring him to the house for a little bit next weekend. He doesn't leave a snail trail like some of the other injured dogs, although he did dribble a bit when he got super excited barking at Cole.

-m

mr.coffee

Well, the next step is a home visit, and if one goes well, then more and longer visits. I'm not trying to look much past that yet...

Not sure what the actual process of adopting him involves, we'll figure that out when we get there.

-m

Okay. You are WAY TOO deliberate about this. GET THIS DOG. He needs you. You need him. :jawdrop:

mr.coffee

See, that's just it, I WANT to bring him home and make him a part of the family. But I have to be careful about it - especially after I called the landlord's son a stupid ghetto ass white trash mother f....and then called the landlord and laid into ~him~ about his idiot son. We're set to blow this popsicle stand as soon as the school year is up, so end of May we'll be more ready to put it all into place.

-m

Okay, so you're saying you want me to call your landlord and let him have it for you?

mr.coffee

LOL, no! No, we're at a sort of uneasy ceasefire with them all right now...everybody knows I can't stand them and I think they realize we're not going to stick around much longer, so there's tension but they don't want to push and we don't want to give them a reason to. I'm not sure Ozzy wouldn't be seen by them as reason - we aren't supposed to have any dog, nevermind two.

-m

luvmybabies

If you are going to leave at the end of May or June why don't you give notice now. He would look awful stupid putting you out on the street when you are going to leave anyway?

yikes! ok, I see the problem now on why you haven't taken Ozzy in yet ... soooooo go look for another place ASAP so you can bring that baby home! ha ... (just my 2cents worth, which of course isn't worth a hill of beans, but there you have it) ... seriously though, I wish you all the best and a very happy out come for all of you on this situation....

mr.coffee

Yesterday was busy busy busy...but I squeezed in some Oz time anyway. I picked him up around 10:00, and got a crash course on getting him into his wheels. He did really well riding in the car, I don't know if he's done much of that before. Cornering tended to topple him over, but he takes everything in stride!

First stop was Shannon's work, where he scooted around visiting, then we put his wheels on for a few. After a little while, we continued home. Harley didn't mind at all, and the two of them wandered the house together. I took them outside to run in the yard, again with the wheels; the neighbors (landlord's son) came out and met him, he is a little charmer! He managed to make his way INTO THEIR APARTMENT!!!

So two steps were accomplished before I took him back just after noon. I caught a few bits of video, but haven't uploaded them yet, I'll try to do that later.

-m

Well that's great news. Things seem to be looking up. Sounds like your day went well. Good luck to you and Ozzy. I'm hoping for the best!

Very cool!

So Ozzy won the landlord son's heart also ???? Yay for Ozzy ! Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will work out for all of you.......

mileysmom

I hope you get to the point where you can bring him home. that would be amazing! Sounds like you guys are a match in heaven!

That was amazing... he is so cute, and Harley seems to like him pretty well, runs along side of him as if to give the little guy encouragement .... so sweet...

ShihtzuBeauty

I will continue the sentiment it's Amazing and he's an absolute DollBaby Harley looks like a Wonderful brother. I hope this all works out and Oz has an awsome new forever home. :)

emmasmom

Ditto! He's adorable & I hope it all works out for you & you can bring that sweet boy home FOR GOOD!!!!

luvmybabies

Love the video. Ozzy is an absolutely beautiful little dog. You have overcome pretty well all the obstacles in the way of getting him.....your landlord's son likes him, Harley looks like he really likes him and Ozzy looks happy on his home visit. Don't wait too long as someone else may find him adorable too and I think he belongs with YOU!

mr.coffee

Ozzy's visiting again, he came with me this afternoon after lunch, we stopped by Shannon's work again and then PetSmart for a minute before we came home. He had a messy bottom, so I gave him a half bath, then dried him off and let him roam the house for a bit. We've been outside with wheels on for a little while, and chilling inside again now.

Today's big deal, is see how he does just kicking around and not so much fussing over the newness of him.

-m