THE piddle pad question!

luvmybabies

Yes, it is! It is a bleach we all have used for laundry, haven't we? I guess it is like a catch all name like Kleenex which covers all sorts of nose wipes. You make me feel sooo very old if you haven't heard of it!! LOL Look in the laundry soap section next time you go to the store as I still buy it. You have to be more careful when you use it though as it is mainly used for whitening whites or disinfecting things.

Haha... I am 54 and I have to say that I have never heard of it either. :pray:

loewenthal.anna

maybe it's a Canadian thing? I won't lie, I grew up thinking that "Smarties" were pressed sugar tablets and not a delicious alternative to M&Ms . . . it's amazing what a few hundred miles will do!

luvmybabies

I'm completely floored that you guys haven't heard of it! It's an old staple for disinfecting things. If you get too much in the wash with colored things it will "bleach" them or if you want tie dyed Tees you dunk pieces of the Tee in a bleach solution to make it white splotches. We "shock" our well by pouring about 5 gallons of it down and letting it sit. We have iron in our well and it makes the iron move back in the shale bottom. We need to do that soon too as my maltese are turning yellowy brown!! All sorts of uses. Maybe you just call it a different name?

loewenthal.anna

Yup, Chlorox here . . . or Oxyclean, depending on what variety of "bleaching" you prefer (chlorine or peroxide)

JasperandAkira'smom

Now Chlorox I have heard of LOL!!!

loewenthal.anna

Ok, THAT'S weird. . . it looks JUST like the Chlorox label AND it says "by chlorox" on it.

yep Thats our Clorox :) Back to the pads We love ours too They are perfect and No leaking and wash up just like new.

• 1 month later...

:) I stopped using pads a long time ago, besides being expensive my babies often piddled on the edge and it ending up on the floor, not to mention the foot prints, I switched to ugodog it keeps their paws dry and they don't rub their faces on the pad when sniffing, keeps them clean and dry, it is made of plastic so I just pour the urine in the toilet and wash and dry it and it's ready to go. Has anybody tried it?