Actaully, I ended up taking in TWO new dogs yesterday

loewenthal.anna

loewenthal.anna

I need everyone to do a little dance for the universe and pray that dogs STOP SHOWING UP AT MY HOUSE! I swear, it's like I'm a neighborhood landmark for strays! First the Pitbull last weekend, then Major (ok, I knew he was coming, but still!), and THEN. . . THIS GUY!

This poor little dude! We walked around for 2 hours trying to find someone who recognized him, or knew someone missing a dog to no avail, then called ACO and they told me they only pick up during "business hours" (it's seems to me, that if your business is collecting stray dogs, you work on THEIR schedule, and not the other way around. . . am I crazy?) anyway, I gave a description and asked them to call if they got a missing report that matched.

I made flyers for the neighborhood, and faxed it to vets, posted pictures in the lobby of MY vet, and e-mailed every Tom Dick and Harry in the rescue community to see if they had room for him. But, I don't have room! He needs to go elsewhere. ASAP!

Breaks my heart though because this guys really does LOVE everything! He's the sweetest little dog, and so clearly thankful for some attention! Anyone want an adorable little mutt? He's about 20lbs and what looks like a Puggle crossed with a Corgi.

IMG_5959.jpg

IMG_5958.jpg

IMG_5957.jpg

IMG_5955.jpg

We're calling him "Big Red" because he wiggled all over if I asked him if that was his name :)

He sure is a cutie! I think your right about the part corgi. Hope someone can take him.

Glad your taking care of him until he finds his forever home.

Fluffalicious

Very cute.Every neighbour ties up every loose , small fluffy dog up outside my house - none of course are EVER mine , lol . Kirsty

loewenthal.anna

Word in the doggie world is you're the hookup, Anna. All lost dogs report to your house!

-m

NO KIDDING! The crazy part is, even the PEOPLE in my neighborhood come to me to find/get rid of their dogs! I'm officially the "crazy dog lady!" -- I return my neighbors dogs 9there are 3 chronic escape artists on the block) at least twice a week, and two different neighbors have approached me about how to go about getting rid of their dogs. I also get HUNDREDS of people asking if I know anyone who has a litter (usually of Mastiffs) or where they can get a this-or-that breed and TONS of medical questions. . . now that I'm writing this, I think I should be CHARGING for these services! :)

Big red is doing well, although he did take an earnest stab at fighting Doctore for the title of head stud at the house. . . that went badly. Red is fine, and Doctore is (of course) unscathed but I got another doozey of a bite, this time on my first knuckle of my left hand ring finger. It was my fault, I should have known that just because Red was playing well with Andy and Major in the yard, did NOT mean he'd take kindly to Doctore (at the time, I was bringing big baby out for major to test him with large dogs, I didn't really focus on the fact that Red was an intact male). He came out of nowhere and started attacking (ha!) Doctore, who took it for a few seconds and then decided he'd rather smoosh the little bugger and be done with it, not that I blame him. I had Doctore in a headlock on my right, and was grabbiong for Red's collar with my left when Doctore lunged and plunged a tooth right into my hand. I saw it coming, but there was nothing i could do to prevent it, Doctore outweighs me and when he wants something, there really is NOTHING I can do to physically restrain him.

But, I got both boys inside, collected Andy and Major (who thankful wanted NO part of the tussle and were laying down across the lawn in the shade) and cleaned my hand up. I guess now all THREE of us will be on cephelexin for the next 10 days! *ironic snicker*

Other than intact males, he ADORES other dogs though, is well behaved in the crate, quiet, and very sweet. I have 2 rescues who I'm going to send pictures to who said they would b able to find a foster for him so I am hoping that by tomorrow when he become legally "mine" we'll have a spot lined up for him! Oh, and clearly, he's being neutered tomorrow. :dede:

***EDIT*** I forgot to mention that I am 100% sure the bite came from Doctore, and NOT red (who has no known rabies vaccine) but because Red was there, we will not be going to the doctor for this incident either. My kids are lucky I love them enough to do this!

Edited by loewenthal.anna
loewenthal.anna

He's a cutie isn't he? Red was just dropped back off to me at 5 today at the clinic (he was getting his HW tx) and the girl who transported him from Raleigh literally could NOT say enough good thibngs about him, she adored him! Of course, she's also a foster so she doesn't WANT him per se, but that's how infectious his awesomeness is. . . 2 hours in the car, and you're hooked!

So, any takers here yet?? I'll totally arrange for transport to wherever you are!

Ozzy'sMommy

okay he looks awesome! i wish i knew someone looking for a dog...shoot even me...oz has decided he enjoys visitors but he doesn't like to share momma with anyone he thinks is staying longer than a day or two, lol!

he's a corgi mix right? they are such great dogs! We've got Buster(who we wanted to call Red but he knew his name too well!) who is a Corgi/cartigan mix. but he's 50 pounds lol. i guess he's more cartigan than corgi.