AFFORDABLE cooling bandana!

loewenthal.anna

Just found this at, you guessed it! My FAVORITE pet website (!!) . . . I know in another thread we were talking about cooling mats for the show ring (or, ANY of our dogs, let's be honest, we're not in a breed that likes to be hot) and how they were awesome, but expensive so I thought I'd share this. At $4 a pop it's hardly a splurge and they seem to work the same way as those expensive mats but actually attached to the pet, say for walking :signthankspin:

Here's the link: http://www.upco.com/p/CollarsLeadsDogs/3668

JasperandAkira'smom

:signthankspin: I love the idea. Thank you Anna!

FairyTail Josette

Anna, thanks for the info. Have you purchased, can you give us a review?

When researching and looking at some pet cooling mats, not bandanas, some companies said it would cool the temp. down by 5°. I thought that wasn't worth my money or time to bother with. :signthankspin:

loewenthal.anna

I have not received mine yet (I got two, one for each girl in full coat so they can walk with us without overheating) but in looking at the technology, the beads that absorb water to cool, it would seem to me that you could soak it, and then stick it in the fridge (I'd think the freezer would be TOO much) for added cooling.

I feel like on the other thread about cooling mats the same thing was said about them, so I imagine the only difference would be that these are easier to fit in the fridge!

also, 5 degrees is a LOT when you're trying to cool! The normal dog temperature is 101.5 with 106.0 being the threshold for permanent neurological damage . . . so 5 degrees is essentially the only difference between normal, and potential death!

I'll update when ours come in the mail, I ordered last night so I expect them to be here Thursday. :)

FairyTail Josette

I have not received mine yet (I got two, one for each girl in full coat so they can walk with us without overheating) but in looking at the technology, the beads that absorb water to cool, it would seem to me that you could soak it, and then stick it in the fridge (I'd think the freezer would be TOO much) for added cooling.

I feel like on the other thread about cooling mats the same thing was said about them, so I imagine the only difference would be that these are easier to fit in the fridge!

also, 5 degrees is a LOT when you're trying to cool! The normal dog temperature is 101.5 with 106.0 being the threshold for permanent neurological damage . . . so 5 degrees is essentially the only difference between normal, and potential death!

I'll update when ours come in the mail, I ordered last night so I expect them to be here Thursday. :)

No, I'm sorry. And forever editing my threads! Haha! I meant 5 degrees on the OUTDOOR ENVIRONMENTAL temp. Not the dog's temp. I knew I should have clarified that. lol The mat also did not look well made at all.

Will watch for your update!

I got Shredder a "Cool Bed II" to take to the lake where it gets VERY hot (talking sometimes 120!).. He lays on that under our little coffe table to stay cool. If he's really hot he will lay on the a/c vent..

I have it covered in a pillow case to make it more comfy for him. We also take this when we board him for a couple of days at the kennel. It does require water inside but it's not a problem.

FairyTail Josette

I got Shredder a "Cool Bed II" to take to the lake where it gets VERY hot (talking sometimes 120!).. He lays on that under our little coffe table to stay cool. If he's really hot he will lay on the a/c vent..

I have it covered in a pillow case to make it more comfy for him. We also take this when we board him for a couple of days at the kennel. It does require water inside but it's not a problem.

Very cute! Glad it works well for you guys. Thanks for posting. Ours just stay in the air conditioning in the lake house when it's hot. I have always wondered about the product Anna has posted. But, don't want anything real heavy or too big around their necks, either. That would not be comfortable.