New member's JennaBug, her story

Jenna was rescued at Finding Fido, Phoenix, AZ, December 2007

This is JennaBug's story as it was told to me:

The lady who runs Finding Fido rescue drives through the lower income areas. She finds stray dogs and

picks them up for the rescue. She also goes to the pound and looks at the dogs about to be put down and

takes the ones she thinks she can find homes for.

Jenna was one from the pound. She was due to be put down that day. She was about 6 months old. She was found

on the streets of Phoenix, AZ. We live in the Phoenix valley. The rescue got her cleaned up and vet checked. She was matted and

dirty. They didn't spay her right away because they thought she was pregnant. It ended up being a false pregnancy.

She stayed at the rescue for 5 months because one of the workers there wanted to adopt her when she got the money.

So she was named at the rescue. This worker never did have the money to adopt Jenna so Jenna's life at the rescue was

to live in a 2.5 sq. ft kennel stacked with other dogs in kennels there. They did get a play time once a day and Jenna was

known to be the alpha dog in the play yard.

When I came in looking for a small dog to adopt I saw Jenna (11 months old) and said that is the type dog I am looking for. I was told she

wasn't available. They showed me other dogs, chihuahua type dogs and a toy poodle, but they weren't what I wanted. They

let Jenna out while I was there for some free time and she and I sort of bonded. I was there over an hour with her. Then I was

about to leave and the worker who wanted her told me I could adopt her if I wanted to. She could see I was good for Jenna and that

Jenna was the perfect dog for what I was looking for. So I brought Jenna home that day and we have been together every since.

I think she was on the streets for a long time because when I brought her home she would eat anything. Little pieces of trash, plastic, poop...anything.

I had to train her not to eat that stuff. Had to watch her like a hawk! We had an olive tree in our back yard and she would even eat the rotting olives on the ground

under the olive tree.

I worked with her for months training her to go potty outside (give me a signal she wanted to go out) and to sit, lay down, beg, roll over, stay, come and fetch (bring it).

The Come command is iffy with a ST! LOL! For some reason she thinks she is in trouble when I say come and she doesn't have anything

to bring to me or I don't have anything to give her. LOL! Then we got a doggie door and she loved that freedom to go in and out on her own.

So this is Jenna's story.

Thanks,

Connie

post-2778-1329352615_thumb.jpg

What a sweet girl! Bless you for giving her a new life and a loving fur-ever home.

Great story. Glad to have you and little Jenna here with us!

• 3 months later...
betty5762

she is so beautiful,your both lucky for finding each other :emot-angel:

I love stories like this. Thanks for saving her & giving her the home she deserves.