Help with potty training

Agree with Joyce! What else is there to say?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sugar Daddy

• JasperandAkira'smom

• storyweaver

• Beau1124

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanted to post a follow up on Zoey. She has proven to be almost as good as Angel.  I think Angel is able to hold it better because she is more of the size and features of a Lhasa Apso, whereas

Aww now that is the best news! What a good job she has too! Know your very proud of your angel ?

Almost afraid to say it, but things are getting better. She barked to get out of her crate early this morning to poop.

Posted Images

storyweaver

I also agree with Joyce. Did you pick her up from the couch and take her out afterwards? I'm also wondering why was she on your couch when you posted awhile back that she peed on the bed.

Sugar Daddy

What are the dimensions for the crate she will need? Thanks!

JasperandAkira'smom

I am not sure of the dimensions, but you want one that is only big enough for them to turn around in and lay down. Not to big because they will use it too as a bathroom.

• 2 weeks later...
Sugar Daddy

Almost afraid to say it, but things are getting better. She barked to get out of her crate early this morning to poop.

• Like 1
JasperandAkira'smom

:welcomeani: that things continue to go well for you!

• 4 months later...
Sugar Daddy

I think I posted on here while on vacation. But I can't remember where. I had mentioned that Zoey had a bad month. First heat, then spayed and umbilical hernia surgery. Then a redo of the hernia surgery. Now, she has regressed in her potty training. Peeing and pooping after she has

been taken out and done her business. We

were trying a homemade crate, but now my wife

has purchased a plastic crate not much bigger

than her. Today she peed on the carpet twice,

and immediately went beside her crate. I believe

she has associated that when I screw up, I go to

my crate. We do give her a lot of free time after

taking her out and doing her business. Probably

too much. We never had this much trouble with Angel. Angel was never crate trained, she just learned to hold it, with free roam of the house. I'm sure Zoey is confused, I'm confused. Where do we go from here? Zoey is now 8 mos. old. Thanks!

Edited by Sugar Daddy
  • Like 1
  • 2 years later...
Sugar Daddy

I just wanted to post a follow up on Zoey. She has proven to be almost as good as Angel.  I think Angel is able to hold it better because she is more of the size and features of a Lhasa Apso, whereas Zoey is pure Shih-Tzu. Zoey has free roam of the house, and she will only have an accident if she is not taken out at her routine times.  So, I guess that is not really an accident.

She has also turned out to be a wonderful therapy dog!  I let the fur-babbies take turns going to our local St. Jude's out-patient clinic with other dogs, and then I take them to a nursing home near our neighborhood.

Thanks for the encouragement!

• Like 6
PipsMom

I just wanted to post a follow up on Zoey. She has proven to be almost as good as Angel.  I think Angel is able to hold it better because she is more of the size and features of a Lhasa Apso, whereas Zoey is pure Shih-Tzu. Zoey has free roam of the house, and she will only have an accident if she is not taken out at her routine times.  So, I guess that is not really an accident.

She has also turned out to be a wonderful therapy dog!  I let the fur-babbies take turns going to our local St. Jude's out-patient clinic with other dogs, and then I take them to a nursing home near our neighborhood.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Aww now that is the best news! What a good job she has too! Know your very proud of your angel ?

• Like 3