How many Canine Good Citizens do we have on the board?

Will do Pam. Thanks for the heads up.

Rteddy

lol neither of my furbabies would pass this test. But then, two of my two legged kids wouldn't either...ROFL...but that is because one ( Travis pictured below) has autism an one ( kala ) has aspergers syndrome( higher level of autism). I admit, my family is weird, including my furbabies.

Edited by Rteddy
  • 4 months later...

Thank you for sharing, sounds like it was a wonderful event to attend!

Congrats on the CGC, I hope to attend classes with Bailey Rose when she is old enough.

Waiting for my Tzu baby,

Valori

• 1 year later...
Missysmom

Thanks so much for posting what's needed for the Canine Good Citizen test Renee.

I want to try to train Missy to be a Therapy Dog and I heard if they can pass this test they can pass the Therapy Dog test. Of course after reading this I'm not at all sure she can pass but I want to start working on her training in these areas. Then once it gets warmer I'll get her into a real training class then we'll see if she can even come close! Thanks so much!

• Like 2

We can't get such qualifications easily here. For one, there's no Canin Good Citizen test :P

And therapy dogs are not popular and I don't think a dog can take such a test either here.

However, Misha and I do still visit a house with kids with special abilities ^_^ Misha loves it when we go there, he gets so much attention. Yes, he isn't trained per se, but at least, he offers some hoy to the kids there and it's all I can ask for ;)

• Like 2
Missysmom

Oh man Markella I would Love to do that! Kids and the elderly is who I'd love to get to visit with Missy. They actually have a reading program here too where the kids read to the dogs, that would be great to do. Am sure hoping Missy thinks it's as great as I do and she can pass the tests! ;)

It would be great if you could post some pics of Misha working with the kids, I'd Love to see him working with them!

• Like 2

It's basically the same think, we're reading stories, doing some activities and go out for walks when the weather is good :D

Unfortunately I do not get any pics from our visits there, the caretakers have advised me not to, and I respect that ;)

But yes, the feeling is awesome. :D I know, it's not great help or anything that trained dogs can do but at least, it's something :D

I can't wait to hear about you and Missy's progress! :D What I really searched for and never found was a training book for the CGC. I would have loved to have one -_-

• Like 2
Missysmom

Ah understand and that certainly makes sense, now that i think about it, about the pictures.

I've been looking at this book on CGC, it looks pretty good from what i can tell and you might want to take a look at it: http://www.amazon.com/Canine-Good-Citizen-Every-Second/dp/0876054521/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1422646751&sr=1-3&keywords=canine+citizen

It sounds awesome what you and MIsha are doing! Will certainly keep you posted on where we get on this!

• Like 1

Hmm, I had found it but it was published in 1997, so not sure what might have changed or not :D I will certainly take a look though and see if I can make a friend of mine order it lol

(Have I underlined how clueless I am when it comes to online shopping and how I actually hate it? :P lol)

• Like 2