10 months old and regressing with training

JRMMJONES

Presley was near perfect for a few months. This past week she peed in the floor 16 times and when we shampooed the carpet she got all bitchy and peed on the couch. We have her in an xpen thats about 5x2.5 And for some reason she is having accidents. And some days she refuses to poop outside. Do I go back to a crate? I moved her pen to the kitchen because its a hard surface. And in protest she peed as soon as she came back inside to play. So back to the pen she went. Also, she STILL will not come when called. Thinking of changing her name to Damnit.

Have you done professional training with her yet? You may want to try a puppy class. They can help you teach her the commands, but I must warn you, you must do your homework daily. I got lazy with Bosco and now have to get back on the wagon with the clicker and treats and daily practicing. As for the peeing, crating may help and she should be able to hold for a few hours. When you take her out, try not to come back in until she pees and when she does reward her with a treat or excited praise. She should get the idea that this is the thing to do. Also, while working on her, do you have a pad out or near the door that she can pee on?

JRMMJONES

She pees on command outside. But for some reason, she feels the need to be a turd when she comes back in. She will sit, and down, and dance... but never comes to her name. The closest place that offers training classes is 90 min away, and last time I drove that long with her, she threw up in the car. I work with her every day. I will just have to keep on keeping on. There is a kennel about 40 min from here that boards them and trains them, but I cannot afford that. Plus, I boarded her there once, and she came home completely matted with grassburrs. And I paid extra for the groom at the end of her stay, so I will not be returning there, even if I win the lotto. Maybe I just need to suck it up and drive into Austin for the training classes. IF I can find a span of weekends that we can go.

Sunlite

As long as you know shes not having any UTI's, I'd say go back to puppy training 101 and remind her....stay calm, positive but firm.
I have experienced this with both Baby & Emma, and found that Tzu's are usually not 100% potty trained till almost their 2nd birthday.
They can be very stubborn!
Good luck!

JRMMJONES

2 yrs isn't bad. I can stick that out. That's a flash in the pan...We are going back to the basics. Today she got mad that she didn't get to run around in the living room while I showered. So she protested for 45 minutes by slapping her xpen and refusing to eat her treat when we came back in. So I picked it up. Then she looks at me like... hey, that's mine. I can out stubborn this dog... I have 2 rotten kids and an aspy husband with an addiction to building things.

• Like 1

Yep, you need to go back to square one and start all over again. The fact that Presley is a wild teenager now is probably not helping! I have always said I wished someone would take my puppies at 8 months and bring them back around 20 months when they begin to have some sense again...

• Like 2

Yep, you need to go back to square one and start all over again. The fact that Presley is a wild teenager now is probably not helping! I have always said I wished someone would take my puppies at 8 months and bring them back around 20 months when they begin to have some sense again...

I said that about my kids when they reach 12. Bosco has to go back to some basics too, (i.e. no jumping, barking and coming when called) I'm getting my trusty clicker and making some hotdog coins.