Alfies first night in his crate

Well his crate arrived, the mrs took him out for a walk as i assembled it as i didn't want him to hear the loud noises as i assembled it.

I placed his 2 beds inside with his favourite toys, came to bed time and a put a little treat inside for him and i was shocked by what happened.............

He happily went inside and curled up in his bed, i then shut the door giving him loads of praise, left the cooker hood light on and went to bed myself.

Not a single noise or whimper through the night, came down at 6am this morning to him happily wagging his tail. No mess in his crate and he did not even try and wee through the crate. Took him outside to the garden straight away where he did a pee followed by loads more praise.

Im honestly shocked. I really did think it would be a nightmare getting him to love his crate but all has seemed to fall into place. Im over the moon!

• Like 5

How great was that!! My Bosco basically did the same thing. Don't forget to take a picture of him in his crate.

Will take a pic when he goes bed tonight, currently he is hogging my arm

imagejpg1_zpse23ddf6b.jpg

• Like 3
Vicki
Scout's Mom

Yayy for Alfie's first night in the crate! That is such a cute pic!!

Luna

What a good boy and what a darling photo!

Meiko'sMom

love the picture. And very glad that the crate is working out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, which crate size did you buy? I'm contemplating between these 2:

Petmate 41031: 19 x 12.7 x 11.5 inches

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D6XQDQI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

and Petmate 41032: 24.6 x 16.9 x 15 inches

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D6XQEAI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Should I get a bigger one so she'll be more comfortable or will that encourage her to have accidents and eliminate inside the crate?

Thanks.