Free shih tzu listed on E. Peoria Craig's List

Debi Tzu

I know nothing other than just seeing the ad a few minutes ago. Pix of what appears to be a cream /white colored tzu on the pajama clad leg of her owner, I guess. They are just giving her away.

Marlen

Are you interested in her? :D

Sophie's Haven

The sad part of seeing a FREE Shih Tzu on Craigs list is if he or she has not been fixed they become the new owners of puppy mills. I use to flag those ads and send emails to the people stating what could possibly happen to there paw if not handled correctly and if they just wanted to give the paw away turn it over to a rescue. Some rescues have people that follow craig list for that reason. People are idoits when it comes to the well being of there pets. I had to stop going on craigs list made my blood boil knowing I can't save them all.

• Like 2
Marlen

Well, we have a similar ad site here too. It's infuriating when you see the lines "ready to breed" or "buy her and you'll earn your money back when you sell the first litter"... :( That was one of the reasons I made Jolie's new owner sign a contract saying that she'd have to be spayed. And she did spay her :)

Since we don't know more about the ad, we don't know the situation with the dog. She might be spayed (or so I want to hope). -_-

• Like 1
Sophie's Haven

Even if she has been spayed a lot of these people take these dogs when they are free and use them for bait to train large dogs to become mean so they will fight. This is the worst that can happen and I wish people would realize that when they place the ad, but "IT'S JUST A DOG"..........so no big deal, or they will relist at a price to make money. Markella, It was like the picture you found posted of your dog, people place an ad for said dog ask for a deposit and when all is said and done there was no dog to be had. I am not found of craigs list, I wish they would control it better when it comes to pets.

• Like 2
Debi Tzu

I sent them an email and suggested they call a rescue group or animal shelter and explained why....all the horror stories. We shall see......

• Like 1
Sophie's Haven

Bless you!!!!