Im so proud of my babies

Rteddy

We got the trainer for Athena, mainly because she will be doing agility training later on when she is ready. But, we have been using what we learn from the trainer for Athena to train zues as well. I admit we really didnt work a whole lot on obeisance training with him before now.

Well they are both doing really well. Zeus especially is picking everything up real fast. Athena takes a little bit longer, but I think thats in part due to her age. shes only 5 months old. she is doing extremely well though. I just started working with them on laying down when told yesterday, and already zeus is doing every time. I do have to say down more then once. Tonight I had to say it 3 times before he did it, but he did do it and I only worked with him on it for about 10 minutes twice yesterday and for about 10 minutes this morning. The goal of course is to only have to say it one time and he does it. With Athena I still have to say it several times and move a treat from up by her nose to the floor for her to understand what im wanting from her, but she is doing it much faster now then she was yesterday, so I say that's really good. Both are sitting with just saying it one time an staying when told pretty well, but not completely to our goal yet. not expecting them to be there yet though. Zeus was already trained pretty good on a leash, Athena is getting much better, but still has a way to go. She is still easily distracted.

Overall I am very pleased with how the training is going.

• Like 3
Marlen

Keep up the good work! :D Athena is still young but it'll be so beneficial for her to start early ;) Lots of hugs and doggie kisses to your furbabies from us :)

Vicki

Sounds like you're getting them both headed in the right direction.

It takes time for them to understand just what you want and then even longer to decide if they want to do what you're asking (and with Shih Tzu) even longer to decide if they want to do it again and again. About the only command mine are good at, and I don't even have to say it anymore, is when they're ON the grooming table and I pick up the rat tail comb, they fully understand it's time to DOWN.

Keep at it and they will learn.

Vicki

• Like 1
Debi Tzu

Awesome...they are learning fast.

Ummm so when are you coming the US? LOL You are motivating me to really get in there and finish Bosco's training. I got him the martingale collar last weekend so we'll se how he does with that.

• Like 1
Jo-Anne

I think it is great the way you write about your babies Robin. You have so much enthusiasm training them. I really like that I can read your posts here, I almost go and train again myself, lol.

• Like 1