Finally getting some sort of habits!

Twinkleboots

Finally! We are developing some habits here in the land of house training! Hurray! We are definitely getting to know each other better. It's been a great week at home bonding with Lewis. He has been now regularly peeing on the pee pad, and barking at the door to go out for poo! I think that is pretty good for 11 weeks old, 1 week at home? And we go poo on the pebble path beside the house where there is less distraction than the back lawn. Also he doesn't get as wet as when the grass is dewy. And he has been sleeping through the night in his crate several nights now. Usually 9:30 - 6:00. Last night he woke me up at 3:00, took him on the pee pad, and it was a huge pee. So he'd certainly held it as long as he could! What a sweet little guy.

• Like 5
Vicki

Finally! We are developing some habits here in the land of house training! Hurray! We are definitely getting to know each other better. It's been a great week at home bonding with Lewis. He has been now regularly peeing on the pee pad, and barking at the door to go out for poo! I think that is pretty good for 11 weeks old, 1 week at home? And we go poo on the pebble path beside the house where there is less distraction than the back lawn. Also he doesn't get as wet as when the grass is dewy. And he has been sleeping through the night in his crate several nights now. Usually 9:30 - 6:00. Last night he woke me up at 3:00, took him on the pee pad, and it was a huge pee. So he'd certainly held it as long as he could! What a sweet little guy.

WoW! Sounds like Lewis is catching on quickly. Lucky you!

Vicki

• Like 2
Twinkleboots

Haha! Of course I jinxed myself as he then pooped & peed in the dining room! Oh well. Baby steps.

• Like 1
Sophie's Haven

:congrats: Good Job.........both of you!!!

• Like 1
Pawz4me

Haha! Of course I jinxed myself as he then pooped & peed in the dining room! Oh well. Baby steps.

Oh yes. It's almost always one step forward and then two back. Frustrating, but perfectly normal.

Vicki

That seems to always be the way it goes. He's still very young and you're doing great so far. It takes time and lots of effort, but you will succeed!

Vicki

• Like 2

Keep up the good work. :) He's doing great for his age.

• Like 1
babnaw

Wow, that's really good. Does Lewis give phone consults? My guy was doing really well in the house, only 1-2 accidents a day, and one day he had none (which I think is good for only being with me for a week and never having been outside on grass before coming to me), but today he had 5 accidents in the morning, thankfully none in the afternoon though because I was not very happy with him today. He's also still raising a ruckus about his crate.

• Like 1