Crate size for training

Summerangel

I've posted in the welcome section about having two puppies in 3 1/2 weeks time. They will be 11 weeks when I collect them. I had previously bought a meduim size crate ( W20" x D31" x H23 inches ) this one came with a divider. Could I place both puppies in here using the divider to give them their own space, or do you think they should have their own crate. If so which size would be best

A. Xtra small W20 x D13 x H 15 inches

B. Small. W 20 x D 16 x H 20 inches

How long will these size crates last them?

Regards Julia

Pawz4me

I can't think of any problem with using the divider. As long as it's easy for you to access both sides?

If you buy separate crates I think I'd go with the small size. That three inch difference in depth shouldn't be enough to make any difference in crate/potty training, and the extra height certainly won't..

• Like 1
Summerangel

Thank you for your help :-)

Think I'll send the medium crate back and buy two in the small size, so they have one each :-)

Sophie's Haven

My personal experience with crate, if your going to crate train them that they are going to use them all the time, I would stick with the medium. Your puppies are going to grow. I had gotten a small and then later I ended up having to get a larger size to make the dog more comfortable to be in.