Blanket or no blanket?

MsBootsy606

My puppy is 8 weeks old. Should I put a blanket in his crate while we are crate training or not?

Thanks!

• Like 1

I have always crate trained in crates that have an elevated epoxy wire grid floor, and I put a crate mat on that. It takes the puppy next to no time to figure out that if he/she absolutely CANNOT WAIT ANOTHER SECOND they can push the pad aside and urinate through the grate. Pad flops back down on top of the grate and all you have to do is pull up the grate and clean the floor of the crate. I seriously don't know how people crate-train without these. Puppies ARE going to have accidents in their crates at first and it sure makes it easier on everyone when you don't have to wash both puppy and crate every time it happens.

• Like 1
Aurora<3

Mine always had a piece of vet bedding in theirs. Nala never actually had an accident in hers but I made it small when she was a baby so that she couldn't wee in one corner and then wonder off and sleep on the other.

Willow had a few accidents in her crate which just meant a few more loads of washing in the beginning!