Great night and morning!

Parker just turned 10 weeks old on Saturday and last night he slept through the night from 9-7 with no potty breaks! I was so shocked. And this morning when I was about to take him out to go potty, he went to the door and rang the potty bell! Of course I gave tons of praise and a treat (piece of kibble). I'm sure both were just a fluke, but I'll take it!

• Like 3
Sophie's Haven

Some days it just CLICKS!!!! Yeah for Parker!!!

He did ring the bell to go out one more time, but then had an accident later on (5 minutes before I was planning on taking him out). Part of the problem I am having is my other pup, Lexi, getting in the way of potty training Parker. A couple of times when Parker would run towards the front door, Lexi would see him running and chase him down and jump on him before he gets a chance to reach the door. Hopefully I can get Lexi to stop, but it's going to be hard when all she wants to do is play with Parker!

I'd take it, too! It seems that Parker understand what the bell is for, so you're way ahead in that department!

Missysmom

Yeah Parker, what a smart boy! What I wouldn't give for Missy to understand what the bell is for, we keep ringing it to show her and she just looks at us like 'yea you ring it for me ok'?!

The past couple days have been all over the place. Sometimes he will ring the bell, sometimes he will stand at the door, sometimes he will just stare at me. Today he came over and looked at me and I didn't think anything of it. Then he jumps into his empty crate and pees. I realized the stare down meant he needed to pee lol. He's definitely starting to understand not to pee on the carpet or tile floor. Guess he thought the crate was a better alternative! I also noticed he is more likely to ring the bell if I am over at the door near him. If I am in the living room he wont just go over to the door by himself.

Edited by Parker14

My dog who passed away last year would usually just sit in front of me and stare at me if he needed to go out. Then I would say, "Wan go side?" (what, "Want to go outside?" had morphed into over time lol), and if he started jumping around like a crazy dog or ran to the door I knew to let him out.

babybluegirl

Ah, you're getting there with Parker :) Well done...

babybluegirl

8:31am