Destroying newspaper whilst home alone.

babybluegirl

Can't help you with advice, but the picture is hilarious.

That's what we thought too. You see that sweet face and you can't stay mad at them for long eh! lol.

babybluegirl

2:07pm

• Like 5

Riley's picture is absolutely darling! Such a BAD BOY look!

The only thing I can think of to try is taking some of the newspapers he's shreded and shove them in his face with a very firm NO.

Whenever the event has already past though, it's hard for them to understand.

Maybe you can catch him in the act one of these days!

Vicki

• Like 4
Sophie's Haven

OMG what a look.........one could not stay mad at that face for long!!! He knows it too!!!! Like Vicki said......grab some of shredded paper and show it to him and use a firm NO......my guys know when I am not happy with their behavior just by my expression and the firm BOY NOT HAPPY WITH YOU TODAY!!!

• Like 4
PipsMom

Can't help you with advice, but the picture is hilarious.

I'm with Yvonne....couldn't help it....smiled and laughed at that cheeky picture....but he's sooo sweet looking all innocent....expected to see his halo

• Like 5
  • 4 weeks later...
babybluegirl

Riley's been really good and we haven't had any newspaper issues since the last time I wrote, which was a week or two before Christmas.

So I've had a stressful/manic day today and by lunch time I needed my Riley fix so I asked my husband to check in on Riley with the Puppy Cam. The title of my email was "Someone is busted"... I couldn't help but smile at this picture (screenshot), in fact it brightened my day up so much after the morning I had had!!!

Thought you'd like a giggle too... by the way, are there any negatives to all this newspaper in Riley's mouth/chewing/eating it? Is it harmful to him? It's clean newspaper, i.e. he hasn't toileted on it.

Riley Busted

post-61534-0-20565400-1420572102_thumb.p

Bye for now,

babybluegirl

7:23pm

Edited by babybluegirl
  • Like 2
Summerangel

Awwwww bless him :) I wouldn't be able to stay upset with Riley for long, not with that gorgeous face ;)

Sorry to hear you've had a pretty stressful day :(

I love it when i return home and they're so pleased to see me... The best feeling in the world.

As for the newspaper, I'm not sure...

• Like 3
missy dawn

That is as precious as it gets! I know he's shredding paper, but look at that adorable expression!

Sheila-shih tzu dreamer

Edited by missy dawn
  • Like 2
Missysmom

Ah Riley you little stinker!! He Is adorable and I too could never be made at him! Thanks so much for sharing this and putting a great big smile on my face Alex!

Oh and sorry I don't know about the newspaper either..

• Like 3
Sophie's Haven

Most newpaper ink is made from non toxic soybean material but be sure he is not eating it.........it can cause blockage in the intestines and will require surgery to correct. From your post it sounds like he is shredding but to be on the safe side you can make or purchase cloth pads with water proof linings........I was about to do that for my guys because Lexie was shredding up the potty pads and I was did not to take any chance of her eating any of the material but she only did it twice and then stopped doing it.

• Like 3

Oh, how precious is Riley! But, what a BRAT!

I've had birds chew up newspapers and dogs chew up puppy pads and to the best of my knowledge, they never did eat any of it. Just made BIG messes!

Vicki

• Like 4
babybluegirl

Fingers crossed it's just a lot of mess and shredding that Riley's doing and NOT eating it at all. It's just wet and soggy bits on the floor and in his mouth! lol.

babybluegirl

10:35pm

• Like 5