Chocolate Covered Cherries

Missysmom

Missysmom

Am getting ready to start my Christmas baking and a staple at our house is Chocolate Covered Cherries (Aka Drunk Cherries!)- need to get a start on these as the longer they soak the better!

Chocolate Covered Cherries

Soak the cherries (a jar or two of stemmed maraschino cherries, drained (pour the maraschino cherry juice in a container and save for mixed drinks, make into ice cubes, etc.)) in Southern Comfort (enough to ensure the cherries are covered) for as long as possible.

Soak for at least a week, the longer the better. I put mine in the small Pyrex dish, cover with saran and put in the freezer.

When you're ready, drain off the liquor (save this it's great especially in your egg nog!) and rest the cherries on a paper towel.

When they are dry, line a cookie sheet with waxed paper and spread the cherries out so that they don't touch.

Pop into the freezer until the cherries freeze, note that the Southern Comfort won't freeze so you may have some liquid.

Prepare your chocolate, I melt on/about 2 blocks of dark chocolate on low; hold by the stem and dip the cherries.

Place back onto dry waxed paper to set the chocolate- I put them back into the freezer to set and then store in freezer bags in the freezer.

Enjoy!

• Like 7
Sophie's Haven

Oh MY!! Thanks for the directions............I am not a Southern Comfort girl but gin or Absolute will be my beverage of choice.

• Like 2
missy dawn

Those boxes of chocolate covered cherries, i think i could eat a whole box.lol

sheila-shih tzu dreamer

• Like 2
Annabellerose

Well I need to come to your house for the holidays...lol!

• Like 2

Oh, oh, oh. My levels are going up just thinking about these.

I LOVE Chocolate, and the cherries are nice too!

What time will they be ready?

Vicki

• Like 3
babybluegirl

OooO: sounds lovely... I need to eat out out my freezer first to make room!

Thanks for sharing :)

babybluegirl

9:46am

• Like 2