Bicycle Bike Front Carrier - any good?

babybluegirl

Hi there,

My husband and I like to go on our bikes in the nicer weather and we're looking ahead for our bike trips when the weather warms up. We know we wouldn't be able to cycle with Riley on his lead to the side of us, so we were thinking of buying a basket for the front of our bike.

I've seen one on Amazon and wondered if anyone knows/has any experience of these? Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MTHOTIG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=ES0LDI2OX3G6&coliid=I2GZR3D6WD1MZT&psc=1

Looking forward to your comments, good or bad.

Many thanks,

babybluegirl

12:58pm

I have no experience with a bicycle basket for a doggie, but I'm looking forward to hearing feedback from others as I might get one for Mr. T for next spring.

Annabellerose

I had a front basket for my two boys years ago. A Shih Tzu and a Maltese (Teddy and Pudge respectively). It was a milk crate actually and my husband bolted it to the front of the bike. I put some carpet in the bottom and shortened a couple leashes so the dogs could be clipped in (under a foot each so they couldn't jump out). My boys LOVED IT! My two daughters and I would bike ride every evening and I would ride with them to school sometimes as well. You will need to get used to Riley's weight in the front and his moving around...mine would also bark at passing dogs so it could get challenging at times. But we all loved it! Good luck and have fun :-)

• Like 2
missy dawn

Ive seen people at the camp grounds with the basket on the front of bikes and riding their little dogs.it is SOOO cute! We have to many to do this but i love the idea

sheila-shih tzu dreamer

• Like 1
Sophie's Haven

I have seen it too.....looks like it maybe something you may want to do.....it is best to get Riley use to it while he is young. My couple of my guys love riding in the wagon.......be sure to take pictures.....and have fun.

• Like 1
babybluegirl

Thanks everyone for your replies :) I bet the weight with Riley in the front will feel strange! Will get my husband probably to have him on his bike as he's stronger and will be easier for him to ride than it would for me :) lol.

I might suggest getting this soon so Riley can get used to it up and down quiet areas before riding along the seafront, in the woods etc!

I will be sure to take photos, I do plenty of that already and don't need another excuse for that.

Off to bed now,

babybluegirl

10:48pm

• Like 2

I have the basket at the front, she is connected with the leash, however when she sees a bird, she will get very wild and I have to hold the leash with one hand.

I now want to get something for over the basket, so she can see through it, but it is more safe.

The dog just has to get just to it, unfortunally Gizmo likes to hunt.

Love to see your pictures, when you get the basket.

(Sorry about the English, I find it difficult to express myself, I tought it would be easier, but maybe along the way i'll get the hang of it.)

• Like 3
Missysmom

(Sorry about the English, I find it difficult to express myself, I tought it would be easier, but maybe along the way i'll get the hang of it.)

Yvonne, I just have to say you are doing Great, I had absolutely no idea you didn't speak English as your first language you express yourself extremely well in my book!

Edited by Missysmom
  • Like 2