A touching rescue

Sophie's Haven

Sophie's Haven

A happy ending.....reminds me so much of what my Bailey looked like when he was rescued.

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/terrified-abondoned-dog-gets-rescued/

Sorry if your not able to view this.......it came up not found for me when I tried to open the site from here.

Edited by Sophie's Haven
  • Like 7
Marlene

The link wouldn't work for me........

But is this it?

http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=aaplw&p=http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/terrified-abondoned-dog-gets-rescued/

On Friday I'm going to pick up a Shih like that one from a shelter and deliver him to the vet and then to rescue. I wish I could have heard

the sound - guess there were some copyright issues.

Edited by Marlene
  • Like 5
Missysmom

What a sweet sweet dog, how could anyone leave it behind...? I just want to go get and bring it home..

• Like 3
Sophie's Haven

Jeannine, was it this sweet dog that you are talking about?

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/terrified-abandoned-dog-gets-rescued/

Yes Jo-Anne..........does that just not tear at your heart........people are so cruel.......I would take him in a heartbeat. I think his names suits him..... Theo..........His appearance reminded me so much of my Bailey when he was found.....the only difference is Baileys legs were so matted that he could not longer walk, this little guy sure put up a fight in the begining but was a sweet thing in the end. He will make someone a good pet.

Marlene.....please post info on the Shih that your working with on Friday.....the more information that gets out on these guys just help bring awareness. You could be our rescue reporter for our forum. :hug:

• Like 3
Marlene

Marlene.....please post info on the Shih that your working with on Friday.....the more information that gets out on these guys just help bring awareness. You could be our rescue reporter for our forum. :hug:

LOL - be careful what you ask for! An invitation to be a bigger blabbermouth than I already am :rolleyes:

I love talking about rescue, raising peoples' awareness and networking the dogs that need the right home.

Edited by Marlene
  • Like 5
Jo-Anne

@ Jeannine, I will never ever understand how people can do this! It breaks my heart completely, I just don`t get it, Karel is always by my site day in day out and I love him, he is a part of me, I mean how could you, what do these people think? Theo....did you see his tail moving around again when that coat was shaved off and he was playing with the other dogs. It sure looked like the story of Bailey, when I saw Theo. But poor Bailey couldn`t even walk nomore because of his matts? Good thing there are people like you, where these paws can find trust and love again.mini-graphics-love-616678.gif

p.s. needed the kleenex.......what a story.

• Like 4
Sophie's Haven

LOL - be careful what you ask for! An invitation to be a bigger blabbermouth than I already am :rolleyes:

I love talking about rescue, raising peoples' awareness and networking the dogs that need the right home.

Well it is nice to meet another blabbermouth.....I don't know if you could be any bigger mouthed at it than I am......I am (plus the hubby) are always raising awareness when we can. Our outings with our paws when people come up to admire them let me tell you they get an earful......it is amazing what people are not aware of out there. They ask alot of questions and I feel good knowing I help someone realize life is not always a bowl of cherries for these "throw aways". I would love to hear all about your shih that your helping on Friday.......so many people read this forum......you never know when someone may see a picture or hear a story and say Hey maybe I could make a FOREVER HOME.

• Like 5
VanSwssAlmd

It was nice to see this horrible story have a wonderful ending!

• Like 4

Oh my gosh, I'm balling here. How can anybody leave a pet behind and why didn't the neighbours help that poor baby! If I knew a neighbor abandoned an animal I would take it in until it found a new home and if I couldn't then at the very least I would call the ASPCA in my area to pick up the animal so it didn't have to live on the streets. That poor baby! It was lovely to see him playing with the other dogs. It's amazing how healing it can be to have another dog in a loving home to show a rescue the ropes!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, I couldn't see it but any rescue case gets me emotional :hug: I'm just so happy you have so many lovely paws, because I know their stories are not always all candy and roses, but they're all so loved and so happy with you, that I think they couldn't wish for a better family! :D

• Like 2