Snickers moves in w/ admirer today

Marlene

No updates. His new Mama is still quite busy what with the move, ongoing

yardwork and remodeling. She is going to have cataract surgery this week.

I have to get my crate back (loaned it to her to see if she was going to continue

with the crate work we had done here) so will see her and Snickers this week-end.

She has my phone number and email.......so I know she would get in touch if there's a problem.

I imagine he has already "taken over the place" - LOL :-)

• Like 7
PipsMom

Thank you so much for the update....I've been thinking about the little monkey all morning.

• Like 4
Marlene

I got to see Snickers today - went over to pick up my loaned crate.
He was just back from a fancy grooming and looked spiffy and sporty.
He has had a few accidents with pooping in the house / garage but his new Mama is patient.
She decided to get a crate for him to sleep in at night - he does semi-OK but after awhile cries to get out.
That doesn't seem to bother her, she gets up and let's him come into bed with her.........hello!
It only took 2 nights for me to crate him quietly but I think she's letting him "push her buttons".
She took him to the vet who said his teeth were great (ummmm - he has two loose ones bottom front) and his weight
was as much as it should be. Said his skin/fur looked GREAT so whatever he was eating, keep him on that (Salmon and sweet potato).
Her extended family is in love with him (what's not to love?).
So.....I think they are going to be fine and his Mama has made the "forever after"commitment.
Her life is still a bit hectic with ongoing yard and interior remodeling, so hopefully when everything settles down Snickers
will get his night time / potty act together.
He was on a pretty regular schedule here, with food, walks, bedtime always the same. Since we had to be careful of the back yard, and him going UNDER the fence, we didn't allow him out there w/o supervision. BUT he got at least 4 walks a day so was used to pottying on those walks and another before bedtime.
He seemed happy to see me, but he's happy to see anyone - he's a friendly lil guy.

• Like 9
Missysmom

Oh how wonderful you got to see Snickers! Sounds like he is doing great and Well on his way to training his new Mommy! ;)

• Like 2
Summerangel

Thanks for the update. He's got his forever home and family that he deserves...

And we'll done to you, for helping him on his journey :D

• Like 2
Vicki

So happy to hear Snickers is doing so well in his new home.

And THANK YOU for all the rescue work you're doing and preparing Snickers for his new home AND really caring!

Vicki

• Like 4