New pics of Snickers

Marlene

I took Snickers to the rescue "headquarters" today for a photo shoot.

Hopefully his "application of interest" will work out and he'll be in a forever home with

a Shih Tzu girlie named Jennie in a few weeks.

As much as I HATE to have my picture taken (and you'll see why) I'm gonna include one with me.

If you share it with anyone I'll hafta kill you........

post-62219-0-92211200-1424405954_thumb.j

post-62219-0-74345400-1424405979_thumb.j

post-62219-0-45559500-1424406001_thumb.j

• Like 10
Summerangel

It's lovely to put a face to a name.... And may say, you are one very pretty lady and I really do mean that :)

Snickers is a heart melter.... He's made mine go all squishy... I just want to scoop him up and hug and kiss him :)

I'm praying that everything goes ok with the application of interest and he'll soon be in his new home with the little Shih Tzu Jennie...

• Like 5
PipsMom

I love this!

A face with the name. Your a lovely lady Marlene inside and out for everything you do to help find homes for paws.

Snickers is gorgeous! Hope he gets adopted straight forward and with his friend soon.

• Like 5
Shihtzumummy2

Hi Marlene, lovely to see you, and in my opinion, you are beautiful, as beautiful as your massively kind heart is beautiful. If you lived anywhere near me, I'd choose to have you in my life. What you have done for darling Snickers is amazing, he is adorable.

• Like 4
missy dawn

i hope this works out for you,sweet pictures! and I can't figure out why you dont like taking pictures!

i agree,love putting faces to names

sheila-shih tzu dreamer

• Like 3
Sophie's Haven

Great pictures and it is always nice to put a picutre with a name and the two of you together is priceless. I have to say Snickers is going to make someone a fine partner in life. He is one fine looking paw. Hope things work out with the possiblility of him getting his forever home. Keep us posted.

• Like 4
VanSwssAlmd

Like Jeannine said, it's great to put a face with a name. And what a lovely face it is, both you AND Snickers. Great photos. Keep us posted. Rooting for a great home for Snickers!!

• Like 4
Marlene

Can any of you guess what Snicker's breed is?

He is listed as a Shih by the rescue.

I just think he's a mix.....his fur is VERY thick and curly.

His nose is also a bit long.......though it's more noticeable because he had his

face shaved very short when his eye removal was done.

His fur is not as curly as a poodle but when it settles into place after bathing and combing - it lays in big fat curls.

• Like 1
VanSwssAlmd

I was going to maybe suggest Shih Tzu/Schnauzer mix? He looks like he has some Terrier in him anyhow :)

• Like 1
Marlene

Yes...I forgot. I think Schnauzer too.

Not pure bred - but 100% pure bred cute!

• Like 3
VanSwssAlmd

Yes...I forgot. I think Schnauzer too.

Not pure bred - but 100% pure bred cute!

Lol..he IS definitely that!

• Like 3
Marlene

post-62219-0-59370200-1424458135_thumb.jThis is a friend's Schnauzer.....

Hmm, not very clear but I do some resemblance, especially in the fur.

• Like 2

Oh he looks adorable, how can anyone resist him.

Hope he finds a home soon.

It is great that you are helping dogs to find another home, I'm afraid I would want to keep them all.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Marlen

Oh, you make such a beautiful pair! :D Snickers is a handsome boy, I hope he'll find his very own family soon ;)

• Like 1
Marlene

Hopefully....cross everything...Snickers will be with his new Mama and sibling Jennie (9 yr old Shih Tzu) in a few days.

Meanwhile I am spoiling him ridiculously, with what he loves the most.....LAPS, yummy food, walks and sleeping next to me (which his new Mama is going to do) and lots and lots

of hugging, kissing and schmoozing.

He is such a funny, droll, somewhat pushy little guy. He would be PERFECT as a comfort dog to sick, old people, anyone bedridden - children in reading groups. He is always quietly happy to meet anyone new - do the kamikaze crawl into a lap - give kisses and settle there for however long the "sitter" is willing.

The only thing left for me to do is "all of the above" and give him a spa day of bathing, brushing, clipping which he is very good about so that he smells and looks like George Clooney as I hand him off.

• Like 3
Missysmom

Oh congrats Snickers you little sweetheart! You're gonna make your new family soooo happy!

• Like 1