Valentines cookies!

VanSwssAlmd

Yes, a bit late but here is a photo of the cookies I made for the paws. Made several but only "frosted" (cream cheese) two. They LOVED them!!

post-62015-0-45646700-1424481748_thumb.j

• Like 6
Missysmom

Mmmm they look good! What was the cookie part, what recipe did you use? Looks like something new for a Missy treat!

• Like 4
Marlene

*I* want a cookie! Anything frosted with cream cheese sounds yummy to me!

I feel guilty........my kids didn't get anything special for Valentine's Day and I didn't share my (YUM!) salted caramel chocolate bar.

I am a bad, bad Mom.

• Like 4
Sophie's Haven

Yummy cookies........I bet they did not last long!!!!

• Like 3
VanSwssAlmd

Mmmm they look good! What was the cookie part, what recipe did you use? Looks like something new for a Missy treat!

Here is the recipe I used:

Cinnamon-Honey Dog Biscuits

Ingredients:

1/2 cup vegetable oil (I substituted unsweeted applesauce)

1/2 cup honey

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 egg

2 tablespoons milk

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 and lightly grease baking sheet

2. In a large mixing bowl, add the oil, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, milk and egg. Mix. Stir in flour and baking powder. Mix until dough forms.

3. Place dough on lightly floured surface and knead until all ingredients are incorporated. Roll out with rolling pin to about 1/4" thickness. Cut with desired cookie cutters.

4. Place the uncooked biscuits on baking sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes.

Store at room temperature in an airtight container.

Edited by VanSwssAlmd
  • Like 5

That sounds pretty easy Sara! THANKS!

This might be good for my new cookie cutters.

Hmmm, Shih Tzu Cookie Cutters for the Cookie Monsters? :)

Vicki

• Like 3
VanSwssAlmd

No problem guys! I really like the recipe because it is really simple. Majority of those ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen (if not all of them).

• Like 3
Sophie's Haven

Thanks Sara for sharing.....will be adding this to The Paw Cookbook and since it is a nasty cold day AGAIN here today I may suprise them with some homemade cookies.

• Like 2
VanSwssAlmd

Thanks Sara for sharing.....will be adding this to The Paw Cookbook and since it is a nasty cold day AGAIN here today I may suprise them with some homemade cookies.

Lol..those days are GREAT for baking :) Warm up the house with the oven..and the smell of the cookies baking is yummy. I actually did eat one of these...they aren't too bad with the cream cheese on them. They actually reminded me of pancakes - probably because of the whole wheat flour.

• Like 2
Sophie's Haven

Wanted to share this information......went to get all my ingredients ready to make these biscuits and found that I had used the last egg for breakfast this morning and the hubby is not going to be home until later this afternoon so went on a search for egg replacement.....

1 Tablespoon flaxseed plus 3 Tablespoon water = 1 egg

1/4 Cup applesauce plus 1 teaspoon baking powder = 1 egg

1/3 Cup pumpkin = 1 egg

1/4 Cup yogurt = 1 egg

1 Tablespoon geltin plus 3 Tablespoon lukewarm water = 1 egg

1 Tablespoon cornstarch plus 2 Tablespoon water = 1 egg

Thought this would be helpful for those that not only run out of eggs like me but for those of you that have dogs with allergies.........I am off to bake me some doggie biscuits. All have a Great Day as I know I will once my 7 babies realize that my working in the kitchen is for them......

• Like 3
VanSwssAlmd

Oh nice! That will definitely come in handy...I seem to always be out of eggs. Have fun Jeannine!

• Like 2
Sophie's Haven

The treats were a HIT........I used 1/3 cup pumpkin in place of the egg......had to add a bit more flour to the batter to get the right consistency but they like them....thanks for the posting!!!!

• Like 3
Missysmom

Wow thanks for those substitutions Jeannie! I'm thinking if I don't get to the store Soon they're gonna come in real handy!!

• Like 1
VanSwssAlmd

The treats were a HIT........I used 1/3 cup pumpkin in place of the egg......had to add a bit more flour to the batter to get the right consistency but they like them....thanks for the posting!!!!

Yay! I might have to try the pumpkin sometime. I'll bet that would make them pretty good with the cinnamon and honey in it the batter.

Sheesh..I'm making myself hungry! So glad your paws liked them :)

What size cutter did you use? I'm wondering for smaller sized cutters if the cooking time would be shorter. The heart shaped cutter I used was fairly large, so 15 minutes was about right. Edited by VanSwssAlmd
Sophie's Haven

Yes the baking time is different.......my bone cookie cutter is about 1 long and my oven time was 8 minutes.....hey the hubby took a bite of one and said they were not bad.........

• Like 1
VanSwssAlmd

Yes the baking time is different.......my bone cookie cutter is about 1 long and my oven time was 8 minutes.....hey the hubby took a bite of one and said they were not bad.........

I need to get one of those small cutters like that. Do you remember where you purchased it at?

• Like 1
Sophie's Haven

I have a HUGE collection of cookies cutters from very old to new .....I was at a flea market that the lady only sold cookie cutters in her booth. I have 3 different sizes of the bone shape. You maybe able to find them on Ebay. I got my larger one from Hobby Lobby in the Wilton section.

• Like 3
VanSwssAlmd

Yeah..the heart one I have is a Wilton that I picked up at Michael's. I just would like something smaller. I'll have to check ebay. I know that the K9 Cakery sells them online in a 4 or 5 pack, but I was just wanting something cheap.

Thanks!

Sophie's Haven

I just went on Ebay and typed in doggie bone cookie cutters and I AM GOING SHOPPING.......they had some really cute ones......and at good prices.........

• Like 2
VanSwssAlmd

LOL..I will check it out. Let me know what you end up with :P

• Like 1
Sophie's Haven

The company I bought from was The Cookie Cutter Shop.......5 pc. (different sizes) bone set and another set that had a dog house, dog paw and a fire hydrant......all were the perfect size. Should be here by next Thur. free shipping.......

• Like 1
VanSwssAlmd

Did you receive your cutters? How did you like them?

• Like 1