Aussie Dog shears

VanSwssAlmd

VanSwssAlmd

My shears came today. Wrong color as I ordered the rainbow and they sent the blue. Still nice so I won't exchange them. The set came with an 8" straight, 8" curved and a 40 tooth thinner/blender and the case.

I haven't used them yet, but they move very smoothly and feel well balanced in my hand.

Will post more when I use them. See photos below.

What I know so far: CONS - Not a fan of their communication methods, which is basically nothing. After finally getting a hold of someone to place the order, It took a full week to get these (shipping from Cali to Iowa). They were not shipped when I was told they were going to be. The COD shipping is not very desirable and costs more than it would to ship them via UPS. They provide no tracking so you really have no idea when the mail will show up with these. I actually called the company two days ago to find out the status of the order and they couldn't tell me when they had shipped only that "most of them" shipped the day prior. They sent the wrong product. I ordered the rainbow titanium fused flips and they sent blue instead. The packing slip shows I ordered rainbow. On their website they also show the thinners in the titanium fused set being rainbow colored, however the ones I received are plain silver with purple accents.

PROS - Not that I have a ton to compare to..lol, but these seem like a really nice well made shear. They don't appear cheap in any way and the price was great. The blue with gold accents is very attractive. The case is very nice and each scissor came in its own little protective pouch. They appear to be razor sharp.

post-62015-0-93715400-1425674971_thumb.j

post-62015-0-98797600-1425675046_thumb.j

post-62015-0-27258600-1425675456_thumb.j

Edited by VanSwssAlmd
  • Like 5
Sophie's Haven

It is hard to tell in the pictures but they appear to be very nice.......be sure to let us know how they work for you. If they feel comfortable in your hand that is #1 to me.......user friendly.......

• Like 3
VanSwssAlmd

To be honest, any scissor is going to feel pretty foreign in my hand, so it will probably be awhile before I know what is comfortable and what isn't. I think I will probably need an insert for the ring finger hole as it feels kind of big. It is supposed to be kind of snug so it doesn't rub, right?

• Like 3
PipsMom

Our next video will be Sara using her new Aussie scissors....

When did you say it would be shown Sara lol

They look fantastic, hope you show us next time you groom with a picture :spoton:

• Like 5
Sophie's Haven

To be honest, any scissor is going to feel pretty foreign in my hand, so it will probably be awhile before I know what is comfortable and what isn't. I think I will probably need an insert for the ring finger hole as it feels kind of big. It is supposed to be kind of snug so it doesn't rub, right?

I use to do a lot of sewing in my younger years and scissors were just as inportant in cutting material as grooming a dog and I have a collection of material scissors and I find I always go back to the same pair when I have cutting to do......because they feel good in my hand.......I have 4 pair of grooming shears and the one I always use are only 4 inches long....one is curved and both are ball nose and they just fit and cut nice. None of my shears fit snug just a smooth comfortable fit if that makes sense. The more you use them the more comfortable they will become........like a comfortable pair of shoes!!!!

• Like 5
VanSwssAlmd

Our next video will be Sara using her new Aussie scissors....

When did you say it would be shown Sara lol

They look fantastic, hope you show us next time you groom with a picture :spoton:

Lol..me massacuring my paws hair with uber sharp scissors. That's what it will be called...keep a look out for it!

Edited by VanSwssAlmd
  • Like 1