The Groomers Helper

Sophie's Haven

Sophie's Haven

One of the postings this past week made refrence to the GROOMERS HELPER and I wrote groomers helper down on a pad next to the computer.....the hubby asked me why was I considering getting a helper to groom the paws? :hysterical: I watch the utube videos on the Groomers Helper and thought I would get one.......went on Ebay and order the straps and attachment bracket for under $40.00. It came yesterday......got it set up last night......very pleased with the quality of the product......will be trying it out this afternoon to see how it is going to work.......If I can keep Lexie from going around in circles then it will get an A+ from me.........will let you know the results.................

Edited by Sophie's Haven
  • Like 7

Jeanine, can u pls kindly post picture?

lets us know how it works....

thank u

• Like 4

The Groomer's Helper is a god-send for dogs that won't stand still and behave. It speeds-up the groom for those dogs and has saved many a groomer a serious bite from an aggressive dog.

• Like 7
Sophie's Haven

I just got done with bathing Lexie.....put her on the table and got her set up the groomers helper and all I can say is my hands were free to do my job and not having to stop and put her in her place and scold her......she could not move her head....the strap is adjustable so that it does not choke them and she has no discomfort other than she can not move head or body around and around and around........I was done with her in half the time.......was worth every penny....I was even able to shave her paws without fighting with her......now she tugs but I can get controll of that.....your table has to be where you can go on either side of the arm to work......I was able to leave the hair dryer on low to dry her face while I was working on her legs.....Lexie HATES any type of air blowing in her face.....so this is a wonderful product. I got the CROSS-TIE GROOMERS HOOK-UP by WOSS ENTERPRISES and I give it an A+.

I am not able to post pictures for some reason or other wise I would show you Lexie all hooked to my favorite grooming item............

Edited by Sophie's Haven
  • Like 5
Marlene

I saw one online - looked pretty nifty and I can see how it would be a big help!

Give Lexie a goodie for being SO GOOD (even if you made her)!

• Like 4
Sophie's Haven

Allie just got down from the table after using the Groomers Helper and cut the time in half......she hates her legs messed with.....she could not give me a fight.....better for her and for me.......plus it helps keep your hands free if you need to clean there ears as the head is in position.........I am so happy with my new aid........tomorrow will be the nail cutting test for the hubby again those contestants for the nail clipping will be no other than Lexie and Allie again....they may grow to hate this device!!!!!!! Will keep you posted............

• Like 5

I had a groomer tell me once, "Before I had the Groomer's Helper, I was a dog WRASSLER! Now I'm a dog GROOMER!" Yep. Not all dogs need it, but it's invaluable for the ones that do.

• Like 5
missy dawn

I better look this up

sheila-shih tzu dreamer

Vicki

I'm confused! :)

This sure sounds interesting, but I'm confused with the two different names, and certainly prices.

Did you get the Groomers Helper or the Woss Enterprises Groomers Hook Up? (I'm guessing the Woss).

They seem to be somewhat different in what all they do.

THANKS!

Vicki

• Like 3
Sophie's Haven

I did not get the whole until which runs around $150.00 to $200.00......I just got the straps as I am able to use my grooming arm. This company had the best price for the straps.

• Like 2
Vicki

But the WOSS is a different brand than the Groomers Keeper. So, guess I'm still confused. :)

Do you have to slide the clamp thingie over the arm or does it clamp on? Does it come with the eye-bolt?

My grooming arm encircles my entire table. It would be a pain to have to remove it all too as it compromises many pieces.

Suppose it would be worth it though.

Does the one you have also keep them standing?

I'm excited!

THANKS!

Vicki

• Like 2
Sophie's Haven

The bracket slides on the arm and then the eye bolt tightens it into place...you can position it to the height you need.......it has the strap that keeps their head in place plus the muzzle strap if needed. The kit came with 3 different lenghts of straps. The straps are all adjustable....... I kept the one strap that came with my arm orginally.......I attacted that back on the arm and I use that to place around the body to hold the back end in place. Hope that makes sense.

• Like 4
Vicki

Thanks Jeannine!

I did find the Woss straps on Amazon for $37.99

http://www.amazon.com/WOSS-Groomers-Hook-Up-Cross-System/dp/B00G8FCQSU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427034904&sr=8-2&keywords=groomers+helper

I ordered it yesterday after re-reading this post and it's supposed to be here tomorrow! I just love being a Prime Member on Amazon for that quick service!

I'm really looking forward to giving this a try. Since I can't get to both sides of my grooming table though, I may have to order a second one just for the clamp. We'll see how difficult it is to move. I'm "almost" excited about trying to trim my guys front paws with this!

THANKS so much for the review and recommendation!

Vicki

• Like 3
Missysmom

Thanks so much Jeannie and for the link Vicki, this looks like just what I need! It's on my next order!!

• Like 3
Vicki

Thanks so much Jeannie and for the link Vicki, this looks like just what I need! It's on my next order!!

I couldn't find any videos on this particular brand and I'm hoping it does everything the Groomers Keeper does.

Doesn't appear to have the quick release or the padding for the grooming arm.

A pair of scissors would work for a quick release in an emergency and a towel wrapped around the arm should work too.

Does look like it will still do the trick though!

Vicki

• Like 1
Sophie's Haven

The brackets where you slide your straps thru top and bottom that holds the straps in place is a quick release......it is very easy to hit that clip and the strap will pull out...........so no worries.......

• Like 1
Sophie's Haven

Well I saved myself $10.00 this week.......Allie and Lexie got their nails done by papa for the first time. The new groomers helper did the job in keeping them in position. This was the second time I used it on Lexie after a bath to comb/dry her legs and again it was a job quickly done. I hooked Bailey up to it and he is not found of it......gave me the stink eye......

• Like 3
Missysmom

Great news on using this to do nails too Jeannie! Mines on order and should be in next week, I'm excited!! Sure hope I don't get the stink eye from Missy! ;)

• Like 3
Vicki

Great news on using this to do nails too Jeannie! Mines on order and should be in next week, I'm excited!! Sure hope I don't get the stink eye from Missy! ;)

Did you order the one Jeannine has or the actual "Groomers Helper"?

This is becoming confusing when Jeannine actually has the Groomers Hook-Up (by Woss).

I now have both of them! Since I groom in a sitting down postion, I don't move around my table when I groom. So, decided to try both of them, putting one of the clamps on each end of my grooming table.

I didn't like the grooming loops that came with the Groomers Hook-up, through they do "give" you three of them. They are one piece in which you put a loop around the dog's neck and then the other end attaches to the clamp. The side to hold the neck in place is metal and I found when I slid it towards my guys necks, it would pick up their hair and then it was tangled inside the slider. Not good on long haired babies IMHO. These are also very long and I found them to be in my way most of the time. They DO hold the dog in place though.

Initially I put those loops back in the bag they came in, but left the clamp attached to my grooming arm. I then took two of some extra grooming loops I had and modified them by adding a "Round ring" to the first, and then removing the slide from the other. So, I then had two separate pieces to use and could easily disconnect them using the snaps. That worked much better for me, but I really don't like the two grooming loops that I used either and why they were "extras".

When I wanted to work on the other side of the dog, it wasn't possible without moving my grooming table somewhere else, so just decided to get the bare essentials kit from Groomers Helper. It shipped very quickly!

Now, on the left side of my grooming table, I have installed the Groomers Helper clamp. It's clamp is much more compact than the Groomers Hook-Up clamp is, though they both work. The Groomers Helper clamp is much easier to work though IMHO and particularly with the troubles I have in my hands and THUMB.

The Groomers Helper has two separate pieces for around the dog's neck and has a tether attached to the clamp. So with it, you can just detach the two pieces so you can move the dog into whatever position you want to do additional grooming when you don't need it tethered down. You also don't have to undo the tether like you have to do with the Groomers Hook-Up, which I found to be a real pain!

However, I'm not thrilled with the actual grooming loop from the Groomers Helper either as it's a bit too thick and short in length for my guys. By moving my grooming arms down, I can deal with it's shortness, but prefer to have the arms on my table higher.

I know pictures would probably help in explaining this better and will try to get some later today.

To sum it all up:

1) I'm not impressed with either model's grooming loops, but prefer the Groomers Helper

2) Both clamps work for their intended purpose, but I prefer the size and ease of use of the Groomers Helper

3) Overall, my preference seems to be the Groomers Helper

I intend to fiddle around with the actual grooming loop and will most likely end up making my own.

It's the clamps that really do all the work and I sure wish they would just sell the clamps separately!

Vicki

• Like 4
Missysmom

Hmmm thanks Vicki, I did buy the same one Jeannie has.

I saw they also had the actual Groomers Helper starter for about the same price but wanted to get the muzzle piece which was only in the other one. I don't think Missy will snap but I wanted to have it just in case.

I'll be most interested in seeing how this works when I get it in. I'm going to have to do something fairly soon with the tick season coming, but the last few days we're back in the freezer again so it's good she still has her longer hair!

Thanks so much for the comparison.

• Like 4
Vicki

Hmmm thanks Vicki, I did buy the same one Jeannie has.

I saw they also had the actual Groomers Helper starter for about the same price but wanted to get the muzzle piece which was only in the other one. I don't think Missy will snap but I wanted to have it just in case.

I'll be most interested in seeing how this works when I get it in. I'm going to have to do something fairly soon with the tick season coming, but the last few days we're back in the freezer again so it's good she still has her longer hair!

Thanks so much for the comparison.

With the tether which is attached to the clamp on the Groomers Keeper, you can easily muzzle the dog too. It's shown in one of their videos.

It's much easier to use too as it's not a separate piece.

Please do post and let us know how you like it!

Vicki

• Like 3
Sophie's Haven

I can see where you might have a problem with the dog having long hair......never gave that a thought.......now I had to adjust mine from one paw being taller than the other without any problems.

Warning: If you have a paw that has a problem with being secured this is not the tool.......when I put Bailey in this I did get the stink eye from him and thought he was looking a bit stressed.........well later after his bath I hooked him back up and he did put up a fight when I was working on his front legs. When my hubby came into the room Bailey lost it........Bill's intent was to clip his nails and I could not get Bailey to calm down......when Bill went to take his back leg......Bailey growled and snapped with such force.........When Bailey was rescued attached to his collar was a thick heavy chain plus the collar he was wearing had grown into his neck and he had to have surgery to have it removed. We think the secure hook up and seeing Bill, a man ( Bailey hates men) he had a relapse. He stayed away from Bill the rest of the evening....but this morning he was more comfortable around him. Plus Winnie another one of my rescues that also in her past had been secured to a short leash did not do well with it.......so Winnie and Bailey will not be using the hook-up.......

• Like 4