Two years ago is my Special Got Me Day

Sophie's Haven

Sophie's Haven

Two years ago Memorial Day weekend my now forever family brought me into their home to live. My name is Lucy and I am one of 7 spoiled Tzus in the Sophie Haven clan. Since my mommy usually celebrates birthdays for those that have no actual date we celebrate it on the day of the day we come into the family.......but  I am going to celebrate it with my sister Sophie next Sunday as her birthday is June 7th so we are going to celebrate together. I think I saw a bag of toys go in the closet the other day, I know they must be for me because sister Sophie does not play with toys. Our family vet said that I was between 8 and 10 when I visited him last year so we said that I would be 9 years of age at that time so I will be celebrating number 10 and my sister Sophie will be 7..........I do not know my story other than I was dropped off in front of a house by a man in a truck.........I appeared to be very well taken care of, I was well groomed and very well behaved........but my big bad habit is even to this day is I like to wander.........my family has to keep a close eye on me when we are outside. So we are thinking that I may have wander away from my owner and the man in the truck picked me and then chose not to keep me and dropped me off in front of a strange house where they took me in and after a lot of phone calls in search of my owner one more phone call was made to my new family because it was know that I would have a forever home with them. For the first year I would sit in front of the back door  and cry waiting for my owner to come home but then I realize he was not coming..........I really love my new papa as I am a daddy's girl...........he loves to take me with him when he goes to in the truck and he has a tractor that I love to sit on when he is working in the yard..........I think I have it pretty good........it took me awhile to learn that I have to wait my turn when it comes to treats being passed out so I try to get first place but Lexie always gets there before me...........I just wanted to share my Got Me Day with you all and will update with pictures of Sophie and I after I big birthday bash next Sunday. Hope everyone has a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend.........I am about to go out and take my afternoon walk and then DINNER.......my favorite time of the day!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 14
PipsMom

What a sad but happy ending story Lucy

You are such a sweet little piece of heaven and bring so much joy to you mommie and daddy.

Hope you have a wonderful day on your Got Me Day! And I will be watching for your celebration pictures. ❤️❤️❤️

Edited by PipsMom
  • Like 6
Missysmom

Ah Congratulations Lucy you are one lucky girl to have found such a good home! I am so happy your story had such a wonderful ending and you now have a houseful of great brothers and sisters! And how wonderful you get to celebrate your special day with your sister and better yet that You get all the toys!! ;) Can't wait to see the party pics!

• Like 3
Shihtzumummy2

Two years ago Memorial Day weekend my now forever family brought me into their home to live. My name is Lucy and I am one of 7 spoiled Tzus in the Sophie Haven clan. Since my mommy usually celebrates birthdays for those that have no actual date we celebrate it on the day of the day we come into the family.......but  I am going to celebrate it with my sister Sophie next Sunday as her birthday is June 7th so we are going to celebrate together. I think I saw a bag of toys go in the closet the other day, I know they must be for me because sister Sophie does not play with toys. Our family vet said that I was between 8 and 10 when I visited him last year so we said that I would be 9 years of age at that time so I will be celebrating number 10 and my sister Sophie will be 7..........I do not know my story other than I was dropped off in front of a house by a man in a truck.........I appeared to be very well taken care of, I was well groomed and very well behaved........but my big bad habit is even to this day is I like to wander.........my family has to keep a close eye on me when we are outside. So we are thinking that I may have wander away from my owner and the man in the truck picked me and then chose not to keep me and dropped me off in front of a strange house where they took me in and after a lot of phone calls in search of my owner one more phone call was made to my new family because it was know that I would have a forever home with them. For the first year I would sit in front of the back door  and cry waiting for my owner to come home but then I realize he was not coming..........I really love my new papa as I am a daddy's girl...........he loves to take me with him when he goes to in the truck and he has a tractor that I love to sit on when he is working in the yard..........I think I have it pretty good........it took me awhile to learn that I have to wait my turn when it comes to treats being passed out so I try to get first place but Lexie always gets there before me...........I just wanted to share my Got Me Day with you all and will update with pictures of Sophie and I after I big birthday bash next Sunday. Hope everyone has a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend.........I am about to go out and take my afternoon walk and then DINNER.......my favorite time of the day!!!!!!!!!!

​Awwwwwww how lovely

• Like 3
Marlene

What a wonderful story with a happily ever after ending.

• Like 2
missy dawn

I think that's the sweetest thing I've ever heard!

Sheila

• Like 4
Meiko'sMom

Happy Gotcha Day, Lucy.

Special wishes for you and for your family too.:cheer:

• Like 4
Yvonne

Congratulations Lucy, you found a great home :cheer: 2 years ago.

i find the story a bit sad, you will never know what happened before with your previous owners. 

(Just wondering overhere every dog is chipped and registrated it is a new law, I don't know if that is the case in other countries)

• Like 4
babybluegirl

Aww, you're in the best place now :)

I can't wait for photos of your celebrations with your sister.

babybluegirl

10:12pm

• Like 4
Summerangel

Happy got you day Lucy. 

You are a lucky paw to have a Mommie , Daddie , brothers and sisters who all love you very much.. 

Donte, Lacey and Myself send you lots of 'got you day' wishes ... 

Have a fun filled day with your special family... And please do share some of your got you day moments with us ? 

• Like 4
Marlen

Ooooh, I'm a sucker for happy endings! :hug: Lucy, you're indeed one super lucky girl to be in a family like yours! Momma's heart is so big and loving, and I just know you're Papa's shadow (shhhh, I know it's a secret but mommy gave it away ;) ) and you love all 6 of your wonderful siblings! I think that you're truly blessed to belong, and they're truly blessed to have you in the family! :D 

• Like 2