reusable pee pads?

ILoveChewy

Does anyone know if they make reusable pee pads? We have decided to go that route bc we work long hours and you can't expect a dog to hold it for 13 hrs. The disposable are expensive and I just wondered if a more economical version exists.

• Like 3
Missysmom

I don't know about reusable pee pads but we use the mini wee which is a 'grass' box. The 'grass' is washable and there is a box where the urine goes (pink container in pic) where you put these crystals in that you just remove, throw away and replace. While the upfront costs were a bit there is only minor costs after that. Here's a pic and link to the discription http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3307+32+20464&pcatid=20464

image.thumb.jpg.64adcb584335593e6876d749

Edited by Missysmom
  • Like 6
Pawz4me

They do make washable pee pads. I've never tried any of them but have seen them at pet stores and online sites. I don't think I'd want the extra laundry. 

Edited by Pawz4me
  • Like 4
Sophie's Haven

I too have one of the grass boxes and it works great for my guys.......I use it on the porch when we have bad weather. I use pee pads otherwise. I buy my pee pads at Costco a box of 100 runs about $16.00..........I get a box every 6 weeks whether I need one or not........they are very absorbent..........I have thought about the washable pee pads but I do enough towel washing for these guys as it is.........plus I would be replacing them to often when I would not be able to get the stains out. I think you would be happy with the grass box..........

• Like 3
missy dawn

We used the washable pee pads and i HATED them.the more they were washed , the less absorbant they were. And it seemed the smell wouldnt completely get out of them.

Sheila

• Like 4
Marlene

13 hours?  And you sleep about 8 hours?  That's 21 hours.  Do you have anyone that comes in to walk, play with, potty, check on your baby during that 13 hour period?  Is the dog(s) crated for 13 hours?

I know I sound like a worry-wart Grandma.......but I am.

Edited by Marlene
  • Like 1