Pee pad training

Graciesmom37

Gracie is good to let us know to go out, most times. I need to know how to train her on pee pads. I bought the recommended ones, smell like meadows apparently. No go. She will sleep on the, drag over the floor, but no pee. Any help?

• Like 2
missy dawn

when she pees on the floor turn the pee pad over and soak up the pee on it,this will show her "this" is where you pee pee

• Like 6
PipsMom

I've never believed in the scented pads myself...just plain old white ones .....a pee area should smell like a pee area to them....and like Shelia said scent mark pads with hIs/her own urine. Usually dogs don't like sleeping/ laying where they have urinated...so always leave a wet one down to remind them that this is their toilet.

Dogs usually pick out their own little special place to urinate eventually as they get older week by week...like doors or corners....once she wants to use a specific place start laying down pads in those places....eventually you can wean them down to one or two pads in their chosen spot. Once she goes on a pad praise and act like its the best thing she/he ever did.

Shih Tzu's love to please us and a little praise will get you very far but we must be consistent and have patience....every puppy matures at their own pace, not ours.

Edited by PipsMom
  • Like 6
Graciesmom37

when she pees on the floor turn the pee pad over and soak up the pee on it,this will show her "this" is where you pee pee

ok so I did that, she did well, went into my room and peed on the pad. Good girl!

• Like 4
missy dawn

ok so I did that, she did well, went into my room and peed on the pad. Good girl!

yay!!! Good girl Gracie!!!

• Like 2