Potpourri for the Holidays

Sophie's Haven

Sophie's Haven

I know it is early but found this today when I was going thru Primitive holiday ideas. I have a small crock pot that I am going to get out and use instead of placing a pot on the stove.

STOVE TOP POTPOURRI..................

1/2 CUP FRESH CRANBERRIES

1 ORANGE SLICED

4 CINNAMON STICKS, BROKEN IN HALF

1 TABLESPOON CLOVES

1/8 TEASPOON NUTMEG

2-3 CUPS WATER

COMBINE ingredients in small pot and simmer on low heat on stove for as long as desired. Add more water to mixture as water gets low.

I have holiday sprays but I have to be very careful to be sure the paws are not in the room until the oil from the scent has settled......it gets them sneezing so I am thinking this will work much better.

• Like 8
missy dawn

i love Holiday scents,right now,My house smells of Pumpkin spice.Gotta try this recipe!

• Like 4

I have two small crock pots for things like this, but neither one of them gets hot enough to disperse much aroma.

• Like 4
Sophie's Haven

I have two small crock pots for things like this, but neither one of them gets hot enough to disperse much aroma.

Just a thought you might bring it to a gentle boil on the stove first and then add it to your crock pot........now my tiny cock pot is for cooking food so hopefully I should have no trouble.

i love Holiday scents,right now,My house smells of Pumpkin spice.Gotta try this recipe!

My house smells like pumpkin spice also.......I change from apple cider to pumpkin spice.......love the smell. 

• Like 3

Just a thought you might bring it to a gentle boil on the stove first and then add it to your crock pot........now my tiny cock pot is for cooking food so hopefully I should have no trouble.

My house smells like pumpkin spice also.......I change from apple cider to pumpkin spice.......love the smell. 

I'll try the boiling but I don't hold out much hope. Both of mine are real crock pots meant for food, too.  Now my big one -- it cooks too hot even on low!

• Like 4
  • 11 months later...
ParadiseTzu

What's the recipe for pumpkin spice? Please! Gettin to be that time of year!

• Like 2
missy dawn

I keep mine smelling like pumpkin all year round.lol lol excpet Christmas time.

• Like 2
Sophie's Haven

It is that time of the year.......love fall.

For a wax burner.........

.place in wax burner

3 Tablespoon coconut oil

3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice

2-3 cinnamon sticks

1 teaspoon nutmeg

2 cups water

place in small pan and bring to a boil and allow to simmer. (I place mine in my crock pot on high)

For a holiday scent add 2-3 Tablespoons of cinnamon to your vacuum cleaner.........and vacuum away.        

• Like 4
ParadiseTzu

Thanks so much, I have a teeny tiny little crock pot that is made for simmering scents.

• Like 3
Sophie's Haven

da044921167e648dcf8884bdd622a0f6.jpg

I found this selection of simmer pot recipes........have not tried them but they sound like they might be good.

• Like 4