What exercise pens do you use?

BenjisMom

Im SO sorry that I post so much!! I'm sure you are all sick of me!

I'm looking into getting an exercise pen for Milo and Benji to share while I am at work during the day. They have been staying in their crates, but it just has been making me too sad and I want to look into an exercise pen that is tall enough to not be climbed out of (Milo is a climber). This will be going in my air conditioned garage.

What ex-pens do you guys use while at work, school, ect.? Links please!

Thanks so much!

Im not sure if I should be looking into something like this: http://www.amazon.com/MidWest-Exercise-Pen-30-Inch-Black/dp/B000H8YTJI/ref=sr_1_3?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1450290177&sr=1-3&keywords=dog+exercise+pen

Or this: http://www.amazon.com/ESK-COLLECTION-Playpen-Exercise-Kennel/dp/B00SFA8KBS/ref=sr_1_9?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1450290177&sr=1-9&keywords=dog+exercise+pen

• Like 4
Sophie's Haven

I have never used one of these but the second one looks very comfy..........if I were a paw that would be on my wish list.

• Like 3
BenjisMom
Just now, Sophie's Haven said:

I have never used one of these but the second one looks very comfy..........if I were a paw that would be on my wish list.

No worries... thank you for your input. :)

• Like 3
Missysmom

I've never used one either but love them both though!

I just wanted to say it's not possible to post too much, ever! I'm enjoying all of your posts and you're giving me some great ideas too, Missy may be sending you a thank you note soon! Soo keep on posting!! ;) 

• Like 4
BenjisMom
1 hour ago, Missysmom said:

I've never used one either but love them both though!

I just wanted to say it's not possible to post too much, ever! I'm enjoying all of your posts and you're giving me some great ideas too, Missy may be sending you a thank you note soon! Soo keep on posting!! ;) 

Aw, that means a lot!! Thank you!! :) 

I just dont want to be over posting, but everyone here is SO smart and I truly appreciate everyone opinions!

• Like 3

I've always used the metal Midwest pens and they last forever.  The soft-sided ones are nice but a determined dog WILL chew through them.  I also have an Iris Exercise Pen that's handy for travel, but it's very lightweight and if you have a dog that jumps on the sides of the pen it WILL move around.  For a calm dog, they would be fine.  There are several different types of Iris pens - this one is 3' square.

• Like 3
BenjisMom
2 hours ago, Luna said:

I've always used the metal Midwest pens and they last forever.  The soft-sided ones are nice but a determined dog WILL chew through them.  I also have an Iris Exercise Pen that's handy for travel, but it's very lightweight and if you have a dog that jumps on the sides of the pen it WILL move around.  For a calm dog, they would be fine.  There are several different types of Iris pens - this one is 3' square.

What height of the metal Midwest do you have? I have a feeling one of my boys would climb..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BenjisMom said:

What height of the metal Midwest do you have? I have a feeling one of my boys would climb..

30".  If you have a climber, you need a lid on the pen.

• Like 3
PipsMom
12 hours ago, BenjisMom said:

Aw, that means a lot!! Thank you!! :) 

I just dont want to be over posting, but everyone here is SO smart and I truly appreciate everyone opinions!

Over posting on Shih Tzu's is NOT in our vocabulary .....Fire away we love talking about paws ?

• Like 4
BenjisMom
On December 17, 2015 at 0:27 AM, Luna said:

30".  If you have a climber, you need a lid on the pen.

Do you think it would be big enough for two small dogs? Milo is the same size as Benji.

• Like 1
PipsMom
44 minutes ago, missy dawn said:

Ive never used one either but they look neat

Shelia.....You should get a few of those to contain your kids in the nursery on BAD days :roflmao:

• Like 2
missy dawn
4 hours ago, PipsMom said:

Shelia.....You should get a few of those to contain your kids in the nursery on BAD days :roflmao:

Lol.dont tempt me.lol.i can see the parents faces noW:doh:

e

• Like 2
7 hours ago, BenjisMom said:

Do you think it would be big enough for two small dogs? Milo is the same size as Benji.

Oh, absolutely.

• Like 3
Scout's Mom

I have two of the Midwest pens (one is an extra for travel and such)!  They are both 24" but my dog is not a jumper or climber. :)

• Like 1