Winnie & Lucy's Christmas Visit

Sophie's Haven

Sophie's Haven

We try and make a point of Winnie and Lucy going to visit their Foster Mom at least once a year as she lives relatively close. So Poppy took Winnie and Lucy to visit Foster Mom Mary and she was so excited to see her two girls........said they MADE HER DAY........Poppy said they did fine but Winnie shook the whole time. Let me tell you when my back door opened it was like Winnie was shot out of a cannon........she immediately went and did butt bumps with Bailey and ran to me to be picked up.......if she could I would have had her two paws wrapped around my neck. She still has that fear of going somewhere and not coming home........Poppy said he was not out of her site the whole time they were visiting........Lucy enjoyed her visit.

Those of you that are new Winnie who turned 7 this month came to us at the age of 3 and we were her 5th home. So one can understand the stress it puts her thru when she leaves the house and go to someone else house. She has not forgotten........well she is not going anywhere .......this is her forever home.  Had to do a lot of hugging on her to assure her that she is never going anywhere but here.

• Like 8
Summerangel

Awwwww that's so lovely that they are able to visit foster Mom Mary ?

Smiles all round... 

Winnie you sweetheart.. Mommys never letting go of you :snog:

• Like 1
PipsMom

Oh Winnie how scared you must have been. Hugs

Nothing tears out my heart strings more than seeing the fear in their eyes when they remember something from the past then suddenly their eyes have the fear like it was day 1 all over again

• Like 3
Missysmom

Oh bless your heart Winnie, that brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry you had such a scare today sweetie. I can't even imagine the fear you have, you have such a special furever home with the most wonderful mommy I can't blame you at all of being so scared. Extra hugs from Missy and me. :throb:

Missy keeps in touch with her foster mommy by sending her pictures and nice emails, maybe your mommy would let you do this too!  I can't even imagine taking Missy back to visit her foster mom. When we take her out anywhere the minute we get home she checks all her toys and clothes to make sure they're still here..  It's so sad, they just never forget or lose that fear..

• Like 2
Crinkly
9 hours ago, Marlene said:

Maybe Foster Mom Mary can come to them next time.

I was going to suggest exactly the same!

• Like 2
Sophie's Haven

This husband and wife have the heart of gold and take in strays or dogs that people bring to them, care for them and find them forever homes.........they do without for themselves to care for these dogs.  They are so well known in the area that a certain grocery store gives out of date meat and other people donate dog food to help out. I try and help with items my guys no longer use.  I send pictures by email and she has them on her Wall of Recues........I am grateful as I have Winnie and Lucy thanks to them.

• Like 4
ParadiseTzu

Aww, sweet little Winnie, glad you had a visit with your foster Mom but I am glad you are back home too!

• Like 3
missy dawn
22 hours ago, Sophie's Haven said:

We try and make a point of Winnie and Lucy going to visit their Foster Mom at least once a year as she lives relatively close. So Poppy took Winnie and Lucy to visit Foster Mom Mary and she was so excited to see her two girls........said they MADE HER DAY........Poppy said they did fine but Winnie shook the whole time. Let me tell you when my back door opened it was like Winnie was shot out of a cannon........she immediately went and did butt bumps with Bailey and ran to me to be picked up.......if she could I would have had her two paws wrapped around my neck. She still has that fear of going somewhere and not coming home........Poppy said he was not out of her site the whole time they were visiting........Lucy enjoyed her visit.

Those of you that are new Winnie who turned 7 this month came to us at the age of 3 and we were her 5th home. So one can understand the stress it puts her thru when she leaves the house and go to someone else house. She has not forgotten........well she is not going anywhere .......this is her forever home.  Had to do a lot of hugging on her to assure her that she is never going anywhere but here.

a big special hug for Winnie(((hugs)))!!!

• Like 3
minabey

Awww, that just made me tear up. I feel sad that Winnie still feelsl that way. So glad you were there when she got home for reassurance. Foster Mom Mary is awesome.

• Like 2