Cowboy is in the house! **UPDATE* Cowboy is in the arms of the angels

Marlene

I picked up lil Cowboy yesterday........we had a good day and evening.  He seemed content, ate well, played with his toys, sat on our laps and slept with me (and Shorty G) quietly through the night.

He was a little antsy last evening....maybe he was done with the playdate and was ready for Mom to pick him up?  Maybe I fed him too early?  Maybe he doesn't like our small courtyard as a place to potty?

Today has gone well.  I took him with me to Lowe's to buy a new microwave (went out the day we got back).  He was a good boy, accepted pets and seemed to enjoy rolling through the store.

I saw a lil bit of his aggression tonight.....we had been playing but it turned into him being overexcited and snapping at me.  OK - now I know what NOT to do.

Right now, he's sitting at my feet after a evening walk    and we'll give him a "thumbs up" with a warning about getting him overexcited.

Here he is sitting in a cart as we started through Lowe's.

Cowboy.jpg

Edited by Marlene
  • Like 14
Crinkly

Welcome Cowboy!

He is very handsome. :)  And clean.  Everybody is cleaner than my two.

Did you get the tripe/food issue sorted?

He is going to love living with you...

• Like 7
Summerangel

Oh my goodness, he is adorable..  And doesn't he look sweet in the cart. ?

• Like 6
Missysmom

Welcome Cowboy, what a cutie you are! And such a good boy sitting in the cart going shopping!! Sounds like he's settling in well and will enjoy his stay! :) 

• Like 7
Sophie's Haven

Cowboy is adorable..........he will have it so good with you he may not want to leave Marlene.....

• Like 7
Marlene

He doesn't have much "personality" yet..........but he's a good boy.

Did you get the tripe/food issue sorted?

Everyone seems fine with me feeding what my two eat - a variety of premium kibble and homecooked.

I'll go to the specialty pet shop and see if they carry canned Tripe for "once in awhile".

• Like 8
Amy0515

Cowboy is a beautiful boy! He looks so clean and his fur is so shiny!  He has a precious little face!  I'm glad he is doing fairly well for you. :)  That is such great news! 

• Like 7
Luna

What a cutie!

• Like 6
Marlene

He is sooo "inscrutable".  The fur around his eyes is jet black as are his eyes which show none of the white sclera........it's really hard to "read" his face.

• Like 4
Marlene

Little things mean a lot.......I had to go to the dentist so this was the first time he was "left alone".

I was gone about 2 hours and everything was fine..........the sweet part was that he was SO glad to see me when I came back.  He put his little paws on my leg to say "pick me up".  I did and we had a hug kiss fest.  I saw that he was sleeping in a chair while I was gone (it was rockin' when I came in) so I think he was perfectly fine.

He SHOULD appreciate being left in the house with the AC and radio on......it's 100* outside!  Supposed to be 104* tomorrow.   Can I go back to the Oregon coast now?

• Like 8
missy dawn
13 hours ago, Marlene said:

Little things mean a lot.......I had to go to the dentist so this was the first time he was "left alone".

I was gone about 2 hours and everything was fine..........the sweet part was that he was SO glad to see me when I came back.  He put his little paws on my leg to say "pick me up".  I did and we had a hug kiss fest.  I saw that he was sleeping in a chair while I was gone (it was rockin' when I came in) so I think he was perfectly fine.

He SHOULD appreciate being left in the house with the AC and radio on......it's 100* outside!  Supposed to be 104* tomorrow.   Can I go back to the Oregon coast now?

suppose to be 91 here today and 93 tomorrow

• Like 5
Marlene

We had another "first" here this morning.  I've told you he has a bite history - he bit an 85 yr old lady twice.  He was adopted from rescue, the lady had experience with Tzus so it seemed like a good match.  The first day he bit her when she tried to take a kleenex out of his mouth.........the next day he bit again when she went to lift him on the bed.  But I will continue to be wary.......

This morning he got one of my socks and was playing with it, shaking it, throwing it and killing it.  I reached down and took it away from him - no problem and I have lifted him many times with no problem.

He's a talker when he wants something, which I'm not used to - Shorty hardly ever barks.  All of the Boxers we've had very seldom barked.  So here comes Mr. Mighty Mouth telling me what he wants.  I don't like it but am going to consider it a good thing since he barks to go out for potty. 

• Like 8
  • 5 years later...
Marlene
Do you remember this little guy?  Cowboy was on his "last reprieve" in rescue after biting a couple of people.  We took him with us to Oregon where he settled right in to summer beach life.  We were out walking him one morning when a nice lady (aka an angel) saw him and asked to pet him.  I told her he had a bite history but she immediately sank down on the street and loved on him. The rest is kismet and he lived every day for the rest of his life with Laurie and her family including live-in grandchildren.
I received this email from her this morning :-(

I have some very heartbreaking news.  My little guy passed away in my arms the other night.   Last week, he was battling congestive heart failure. He was on 6 kinds of medication, being followed by his cardiologist Dr.  Those last 2 days Cowboy was doing so well, I was so so happy, etc. Then all of a sudden,a totally melt down for all of us. He went very peacefully, in my arms. We never think we'll ever be the same again. huh?? I think of you, and what you went through with your babies. I try to be very thankful for how Cowboy passed. Not working that well with me.  Fucking sucks.. I'll never have a dog like him. He was so damn good in so many ways.   The boys are so crushed, Cowboy was their very best friend.  I'm trying to get the courage to get back in my car, without my Cowboy. It will never be the same. Cowboy went everywhere with me. Maybe today.  Yesterday, I tried to pick up/ gather Cowboy's items. That did not go well.  I'm really really missing my little guy. Oh my my.. Sorry for the sad news. Time to go, tears are running down my checks. Love ya lots lots  

il_570xN.1448148723_9dkc.jpg?version=0
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Marlene changed the title to Cowboy is in the house! **UPDATE* Cowboy is in the arms of the angels
Sunlite

How sad... I'm so glad he got to live his last days being loved on by someone who could see him for the love he really could be. It sounds like it was a perfect match from the 1st time she saw him, obviously she is very special too...  I know how horrible it is to lose a furbaby, heartbreaking for sure. RIP little Cowboy... 

• Like 1